ok....I guess I'm committing...

Options
My friend joined today and got me to join with her. We just finished a boot camp (my husband calls in "boot in the butt camp - only he doesn't say butt). It was very motivational, and a good kickstart, but a little short on acommodating an ongoing lifestyle. So she found this site, and we started.
I just finished going back to school, and got quite a few extra pounds as a bonus to all that learning. I have been in total denial about the whole thing, but I think it is time to face the music. To really get started and committed to this, I think it will help to be a part of the community. SO here I go.

Looking forward to seeing my little frog move eventually. You all are very inspirational!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll love it here!
  • ppennington
    Options
    welcome! Worked for me.
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Your post made me laugh a little....quite possibly the most non-committed committal I've heard in a while :wink:

You'll like it here. Easy to use, tons of support, and (most important) RESULTS!

BTW, where did you do your boot camp, did you like it, would you do it again?
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It's a great tool to help you! The community definitely helps. The first time I just tried to use the tools by myself and I stopped. This time I totally involved myself and made lots of friends and it has been a completely different and positive experience. Good luck!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    That would make interesting wedding vows "ok.......I gues I'm committing..."
    Funny girl.
    Welcome. It works! It got me past the first 10 pounds and into the middle of my goal without too much trouble. Just keep making that commitment everyday:):laugh:
  • humphrys
    humphrys Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi ArchyJill!

Thanks for the feedback. We did a bootcamp with BodyBeautiful. They had a coupon for WagJag (or maybe Groupon) and so we tried it for a month. It was 3x a week and a great workout - low tech circuit training with a very motivational leader. I forget his name, but he had enough firmness to not let me wimp out and enough patience to put up with my wise-cracking. As long as I was sweating, he was happy. It was a small group, so there was plenty of one on one while working out (sometimes I wished there were more people to distract the task master). He also would stay long to get more workout in, but this was sometimes problematic as it ate up a lot of the day.

I would go back and do it again in a few months. Some people used it as their regular fitness regime, but it was a little too intense for my lifestyle. I would definitely do another boot camp tho, to get motivated again if the need arises (here's hoping MFP helps keep me on track).
  • tosunnyskies
    tosunnyskies Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome and you will love it here. Everyone is supportive and that is a huge help.