Only ate 700 calories today and NOT hungry!

Options
Should I "force" myself to eat something before bed or just go to bed? I don't want to consume extra calories if I don't have to.

Thanks!
Lisa

Replies

• gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    It's calories added up over time. Did you eat more yesterday? Will you eat more tomorrow? Missing 1200 one day won't hurt you but a pattern of that is bad.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Don't force feed yourself. That's nuts!!
  • heidimille
    heidimille Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    GO FOR SOME SUGAR FREE JELLO~ WONT HURT A THANG :)
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    You should NEVER force yourself to eat, that is not going to help. Depending on how active you were today we all have days that we don't need as many calories as others. Keep in mind that is pretty low but I don't know your height or weight / goals either ....not getting enough can lead to binge eating. Listen to your body and dont fret :happy:
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Drink a glass of milk and don't sweat it....you don't want to slow your metabolism down so make a point of getting those cals in. Otherwise you will plateau. A spoonful of peanut butter once in a while will help!
  • crbirt
    crbirt Posts: 12
    Options
    Don't eat just before going to bed! That sits in your body and just turns to fat because you don't use the energy! Not even milk! If you're not as hungry today, don't sweat it. Your body tells you when to eat.

2326887.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • hilyg
    hilyg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Don't force feed yourself. That's nuts!!

Agreed. If you're done, you're done.
  • suzukigrl
    Options
    no, you shouldn't force yourself to eat but remember to avoid fat storage, you need a minimum of 1200 cal/day depending on your consumption/burn ratio. so, don't worry about it today. just try to get the calories in earlier. good luck.
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Don't eat just before going to bed! That sits in your body and just turns to fat because you don't use the energy! Not even milk! If you're not as hungry today, don't sweat it. Your body tells you when to eat.

2326887.png

sorry another myth rerars its ugly head. according to mens health the time of calorie consumption made no difference in a calorie controlled diet.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I have days like that too, but I'm told it's actually bad for you. It can tall your metabolism and make it more difficult to lose weight! I always err on eating to get those 1200 calories at least!

Shannon
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options

2326887.png

sorry another myth rerars its ugly head. according to mens health the time of calorie consumption made no difference in a calorie controlled diet.

Absolutely a myth! It does not matter what time of day you eat only the amount of calories consumed! The only thing that has been discovered is you should give yourself at least an hour before bed of no food to help digestion but night food doesn't magically turn into fat :noway: