Running Friends, where are you?

Options
***Attention*** Hi there! I too am looking for running friends. I finally finisehed my first C25K this year. I've started 4 of them but thanks to a local runnign group I actually finished one AND on the second 5k I got my goal (and new PR) a sub 30 mn 5k (29:20). The head of the local running group said (and is pushing me) to do a half marathon on March 15th. YIKES!!!....
Looking for friends and running advice and encouragement. Please feel free to add me as well.

Thanks

Replies

• FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    *waves* feel free to add me. I run 3 x a week and do stronglifts 5x5 as well
  • FiftyandGettingBetter
    Options
    Thanks for the add.
    *waves* feel free to add me. I run 3 x a week and do stronglifts 5x5 as well
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I will send you a request. Anyone else can too for that matter. I'm always looking for running friends. I have been running for about a year now and had 2 running injuries in there. Not fun!! I'm back, healthy again, and am contemplating training for a half marathon in May. Just seeing if I have the guts to do it. LOL!

Congrats on finishing C25K and running your race.
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Im about 6 weeks into the c25k program, does that count? I NEVER thought I would ever enjoy running! I am working towards maybe doing a 5k fun run in the spring, after that- who knows. :smile:
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I run some. Mostly half mary & under... but I'm gonna do a 24km trail run in May.
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I finished couch to 5k this summer, went on to a 10k, now I'm training for my first half in February.
  • JenRun1
    JenRun1 Posts: 212
    Options
    Me me me! I'm hoping to do a half this year, no set date and looking at halfs later in the spring/early summer. Currently run 3xs a week 5-6 miles each time. Hoping the transition to the half is pleasant!
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    All are welcome to add me too - I would love more running friends! I run 3x a week, currently training for 10k's in January, February & March and a half marathon in April.
  • LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Me! I started running races this year, and look to smash my PRs in 2014.
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Right here. I'm a running fool (at least that's what hubs says). Feel free to friend me. :flowerforyou:
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I run 4x a week and prefer running in the great outdoors (almost year round (I draw the line at -30 celcius) I started running in 2008 (again) and have since completed 3 Full marathons, 21 Halves and numerous 10K and 5K races.

I am an occasional coach for the Running Room chain here in Canada as well as a parent, grandparent and IT Security geek.
  • mellenorris
    mellenorris Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Finished my first half marathon in October 2013. Looking forward to my next in April :)
  • Kanyon17
    Kanyon17 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Anyone welcome to add me!

I started running about 2 months ago and now I'm starting my trainning for a 10K in May and a half marathon in August. I run 3x a week and do crossfit 3x a week.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I love to run! I lift weights as well.

I'm actually doing a half marathon next month and I'm always looking for running buddies.

Feel free to add me!
  • medavidcook
    medavidcook Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, i will be going serious running this yr and plan on doing a few 5k and half marathon Oct 2014 and full marathon June 2015.

Need the motivation and guidance
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Yes! Please feel free to add me some injuries and bad choices have slowed me down but am looking to run my first half late in the spring!
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    2.5 years in with running. Finished my first (and likely ONLY) full marathon 10/27/13! Love to run. Always up to encourage and cheer on other runners!
  • HAHAalex
    HAHAalex Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me too. I ran three 1/2 marathons last year and would love to do a full marthon in 2014. I log into MFP pretty much daily and running is one of my favorite activities. Would love to give and receive encouragement from other runners!
  • Spikethered
    Options
    Anyone can add me too. I have down a few halfs and have my first full in April. Scary times.
  • hbmcracer
    hbmcracer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me too. I am just getting back into running and will probably run at least a few races in 2014. Add me on run keeper too, I'm hbmcracer on there too.