Still have a LONG way to go, but here's 30 pounds :) (pics)

Options
Since I started July 27, 2013, I've lost exactly 30 pounds. I wish it would have been more than that-there were some stagnant weeks and the holidays and being sick didn't help, but that's life right? Hoping for at least double that amount next year!!!

b6508ba2-2ea8-41e0-98e6-5d28636b03c0_zps153785b7.jpg

217aab19-5268-4e16-a910-3c4c98b062bf_zpsb9ec45d6.jpg

p.s. please excuse the non-make up, messed-up hair look :P Walking all bundled up in the snow and ice will do that to you ;)

Replies

• KingOfTheBurke
    Options
    I'm trying real hard to see anything wrong with losing 30 pounds in 5 months. The improvement is obvious and you're looking great!
  • rokiany
    Options
    I absolutely agree with KingoftheBurk! That is fantastic! Way to go!!!

:flowerforyou: :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Nice job and great attitude!
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the compliments :) I know it's not a competition, but sometimes it's hard to be proud of my losses when a friend of mine has averaged 3 lbs a week for months. But I know I'm doing my best :)
  • Roxmom66
    Roxmom66 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work! You can certainly see the difference! Can't wait to see the installment of pics.
  • Roxmom66
    Roxmom66 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    oops, can't wait to see the NEXT installment of pics
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I agree with KingoftheBurk too. You look great!

I also want to thank you for sharing your progress along the way. I haven't done before photos ever because it feels like most people only share when they are down a kazillion pounds and have zero belly and so on...but I LOVE seeing people's before/after who have achieved goals along the way, like this. It is sometimes even more inspiring to me in fact!!!
  • writemusic4him
    writemusic4him Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Definite difference. Great job! Keep it up!
  • DianneP6772
    DianneP6772 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I agree with all that posted before me. You look great and 30 lbs in 5 months is super. That is approx. 1.5 lbs a week which is perfect. Keep it up - you can already see a big difference - your face, your arms - its all good.
    You have proven you can do this so just keep going!
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Great work !! amazing the difference with 30 lbs off!!! You look great !
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference. You are doing it the right way. Slow and steady.
  • DavidSTC
    DavidSTC Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Great job! I figure as long as I'm losing weight, I'm happy. Just keep moving in the right direction. That's the ultimate goal.
  • AngelBearz330
    AngelBearz330 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous and 30 lbs is something to be proud of, without a doubt! I lost 37 lbs in a YEAR and I'm still overjoyed about it. Don't focus on how long the journey takes...focus on the day-to-day victories. Before you know it, you'll be at goal and celebrating!!!
  • gina31love
    gina31love Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone! You look great and six pounds a month is fab!
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WOW - GREAT JOB SO FAR!!
  • Cairine63
    Cairine63 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference. You are doing it the right way. Slow and steady.

I agree!
  • feelin_gr_8
    Options
    Thanks so much for all your your support! And reminder that slow and steady is the way to go, and that any success is still a success :)
  • tracywintn
    Options
    I have lost 20 lbs since Sept 9th and while it seems slow as a snail sometimes-it's the first time I have lost 20 lbs by myself (I lost 60 lbs using phentermine 6 years ago). I feel I have made a lifestyle change I can live with-so hopefully I will see a good loss next year also and won't gain it back this time. Keep up the GREAT work!! Thirty lbs is a BIG accomplishment!!!
  • feelin_gr_8
    Options
    I have lost 20 lbs since Sept 9th and while it seems slow as a snail sometimes-it's the first time I have lost 20 lbs by myself (I lost 60 lbs using phentermine 6 years ago). I feel I have made a lifestyle change I can live with-so hopefully I will see a good loss next year also and won't gain it back this time. Keep up the GREAT work!! Thirty lbs is a BIG accomplishment!!!

THAT is awesome! Great job! I believe that it's about changing your lifestyle. It's so tempting to try pills and fad diets (trust me, I started trying them with my mom when I was as young as elementary school!!!) but it's so rewarding to know that doing it this way is sustainable. And sometimes I remind myself that I won't always have to eat at this deficit, someday I'll be at goal and gosh darnit, I'll eat a sandwich with 2 pieces of bread instead of 1, or have a breadstick AND pizza, lol!
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the compliments :) I know it's not a competition, but sometimes it's hard to be proud of my losses when a friend of mine has averaged 3 lbs a week for months. But I know I'm doing my best :)
    I know it might be hard...but if it took you months to lose those 30 lbs then those 30 lbs are GONE forever! Good job... and it's great that you posted with the same clothes..I love that - easy to see the differences...big differences...have you tried carrying 30 lbs of dog food or flour or whatever around the grocery store for 10 min? That is always a good/great way to remind yourself that "only 30 lbs" is actually a lot!!!! and you can easily see the difference in your photos! Great job! keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!