How do you get your water in?

Options
I drink a TON of water by having my 32oz Nalgene bottle by my desk at work with a straw in it so I can sip while I work. I usually drink 1.5 bottles worth while at work and then consume (try to!) another bottle from the time I leave until the time I go to bed.

What your tricks to get your water in? I heard someone say they down 12-16oz after every time they pee, and I've also heard of people marking their water bottles with times throughout the day.

Replies

• RangerRN507
    RangerRN507 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just drink enough to keep my piss clear theres really not much reason to drink more than that unless your going through some intense physical event or course
  • PumpkinRunning
    PumpkinRunning Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I try to buy myself a cute new water container every so often (my mom says I own way too many!). Just last week I bought a teal mason-jar style with a handle and a straw, and it helps me drink more. Maybe that's silly, but I am motivated by little things like that!

I've seen photos of people who mark their water bottles with times, and have always wanted to try it...
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I drink 8-12 oz of coffee with breakfast

When I arrive at work I grab my 16 oz reusable water cup from the fridge and finish that at least once, sometimes twice, before lunch.

At lunch I drink 16-24 oz of water.

After lunch I grab my (refilled) cup and finish it once or twice in the afternoon.

At dinner I drink 16-24 oz of water.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I try to buy myself a cute new water container every so often (my mom says I own way too many!). Just last week I bought a teal mason-jar style with a handle and a straw, and it helps me drink more. Maybe that's silly, but I am motivated by little things like that!

I'm totally the same way. Right now I'm drinking from a Christmas cup at work...it is red & green striped and the straw is red & white striped. I think it's cute and it makes me want to drink more.
  • Bigjuicyhog
    Bigjuicyhog Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    In my mouth generally.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I bring one of the large plastic jugs (3 quarts) to work each day. The water here is nasty.

Another trick (read here) .....put several rubber bands around your cup (or wrist) & remove one everytime you empty the cup. When all the rubberbands are gone......you have your daily totals.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    I take medication twice a day that I absolutely half to drink a bunch of water with so that helps

then I just drink water all day basically.. always before I eat and after

I love water so I am lucky and find it super easy to do
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I have a water bottle that pretty much never leaves my side and I just drink throughout the day, refill, and repeat. I suppose it helps that I live in an arid climate at over a mile high...so you feel that lack of water pretty quick if you're not getting enough.
  • SifuJamie
    SifuJamie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I hate water, I know it's good for you. So 1st thing in the morning and just before bed. Juice of 1/2 lemon in large (2 cups) ice cold glass of water. Also great to cleanse the liver. I find if I don't drink water 1st thing in the morning, it's hard to get myself to drink it through out the rest of the day. Plus the Ice Water 1st thing in the morning turns up your fat burning 23%. Also make sure you wait at least 2 hours before eating after waking. I do 15 push-ups, 25-50 sit ups and 25 Body weight squats. While I'm waiting. Gives me a little kick start in the morning. Protein and a little fat in the morning for breakfast, stay away from the carbs. Till after your workout later that day. Ok I've said to much. Hope any of this will help you.
    Best of Health
    Jamie :0)
  • hebrews11113
    Options
    It has been a challenge for me to drink water at all as I have the worlds smallest bladder. However I need water the body need water for many reasons and I found a recipe for lack of a better word adding strawberries sliced up sliced lemon blueberries and mint leaves chilled in pitcher of water over night... made it more appealing to me and so far I am drinking way more water now than before. This adds to my bathroom breaks but hey, I am worth it my body needs it
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I'm in the I hate water club. Which is unfortunate as I also hate milk, juice, etc leaving my drink choices to liquor, soda, and coffee. OK but i do drink water and I do consume milk with my breakfast cereal.

In any case - most of the reason I don't like many drinks is I feel they aren't cold enough. So at work I always make sure to fill up my water bottle several times throughout the day and I have to drink it before it gets too close to room temp haha.

I also make my water breaks an excuse to leave my desk.

I also drink a lot (too much) coffee

I try to drink more tea

I also fill up one large cup of ice water at home and bring it into any room of the house that I'm in. I make sure to finish it by the end of the night...plus I love ice cubes so whatever ice cubes are left at the end of the night are a bonus. yes, i'm a freak.

When all else fails, I just tell myself I really need to drink water so I can run better and it will help my skin which needs all the hlep it can get in the winter!
  • _Giselle_
    Options
    Whenever I'm home I keep a 2 litre bottle with me at all times and make sure to finish it a couple of times a day. At work we keep jugs of water on our desks. We also have carbonated water at work which helps because it can get a bit boring to just drink still water all day.

On busy days when I'm worried I'll forget to have my water I set 8 reminders on my phone throughout the day or set my UP by Jawbone band to vibrate as a reminder.

When I watch TV I set up drinking games for myself. I have to drink a tall glass of water every time someone gets a text message on Pretty Little Liars, or every time Jillian Michaels yells at someone on Biggest Loser, for example.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    In my mouth generally.

Same here. I tried osmosis but it took forever and my finger tips were really the only part that looked soggy.
  • Resolve2B
    Resolve2B Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    In my mouth generally.

Same here. I tried osmosis but it took forever and my finger tips were really the only part that looked soggy.

:happy:

My most successful strategy is to fill a water bottle with 64 oz. of water and strive to empty it by the end of the day.
  • ekztawas
    ekztawas Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I do something similar to the writing times on my glass. I have a 16 oz glass I keep at my desk and my goal is to drink a full glass by 10 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m. and before I leave work at 5. So 4 glasses of 16 oz comes out to be about 64 oz. Then I try to drink another 16 oz the rest of the evening.

Ooh! I also keep a water bottle filled in my car to drink during commutes.
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I start my work day with 2 cups of coffee. However, I can't brew my 2nd cup until I drink a full 24oz water bottle. Typically this is all drunk by about noon. In the afternoon, I drink another two to three 24oz bottles of water. At home, I drink at least another 48oz (or so) of water. This means I'm getting in a minimum of 120oz of water per day--often I drink much more than that.

I find that I drink more easily if I have a straw--and if I start early in the day. :)

ETA: I drink a lot more water than most people--I'm in customer service, so I use my voice basically all day. Since I sing, too, I need to make sure I keep everything well hydrated!
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    My trick was to buy a tall clear glass bottle and I just keep it nearby and automatically fill it when it's empty. I log it too so I know when I have drank enough or need to drink more.
  • ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    This is something that I been working on recently and have found it easy to gallons of water (1 gallon container per day) and take it with me to everywhere I go. and so far its been working for me :)
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m8x1fjk7Sk1rvk0h5o1_500.gif
  • admegamo
    admegamo Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I love water! It just tastes good to me. My mom does not like water and swears that she gets sick every time she drinks a lot of it. It helps her to spread her water drinking out as much as possible throughout the day and add fruit juice like lemon or lime as well.