New, determined, motivated and looking for friends!

Options
Hi there!

I'm new here and am ready to do this! I'm a Canadian woman looking for friends and support. I occasionally suffer from a bad wheel (knee injury) but I don't let that stop me! My plan will involve eating as clean as possible, lots of exercise (strength and cardio) so that my body expects me to do it (and I can form a habit) and being prepared. I will be commencing January 1st as I will be shopping, cooking and pre-measuring all of my food for the next week tomorrow. I won't be going out on New Year's Eve so I can start the year off with a bang instead of a hangover! (Good luck to all of you who choose the latter, I'm sure you'll have a blast!)

I'm a very down to earth gal, looking for people who truly want to support and motivate each other. Please send me a friend request if you're looking for the same.

Replies

• KL145
    KL145 Posts: 15
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I like pals who share the same goals as me.I workout 4 days a week and I log daily.
  • discolady79
    discolady79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm looking for some support too and can offer encouragement. I've tried to connect with a group before, but I'm not sure how this works. Do I have to log in and look for this group? Does it automatically send me an alert when someone from the group contributes?
    Thanks!
  • sassylass75
    Options
    Hello,

I'm new to the site but excited to start a new healthy lifestyle journey. I'm 38 yrs old and working towards getting healthy and hopefully hit my goal weight of being down 45 lbs. I've been overweight for the past 15 years and need to get my body in check. Looking forward on going through this journey together!

Kelly
  • jparson714
    jparson714 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm returning to the site after dealing with being a new mom. I did well with this site last time and I look forward to the same success. Looking for people who would like encouragement and willing to give some too.
  • gdadki
    gdadki Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I need lots of motivation as well.
  • skp2811
    Options
    Hi,

I think I am on the same page as you.
  • im_all_in
    im_all_in Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi discolady79, sorry to say this isn't a group, I was just introducing myself so that I might find some partners-in-slime, so to speak. A network of friends with the common goal of sticking with it :) Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • im_all_in
    im_all_in Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much to all of you fine people who have responded to my intro! I have sent you all friend requests and accepted those that were sent to me!
  • Violetta86
    Violetta86 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been around MFP for about 1.5 years and I love it. I pretty much log every day and have a great community of friends on here. Feel free to add me! I am in a bit of a plateau period right now and could use some fresh motivation.
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. I have been doing this for a year now and it has been working for me, albeit a bit slow. Sent a friend request as I find this a good way to keep me accountable.
  • beachgirl172723
    beachgirl172723 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to recommit to this process and would be happy to have the mutual support
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I need new friends for the New Year! Please add me! :)