Help...only 20 to go

Options
I lost 70 lbs 3 years ago and have been struggling to get off this last 20. I gain 5 back and then lose it again over and over.
How come I can't get this final 20 off??
I have never counted calories and am hoping MFP helps.
Suggestions?

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    first off congrats on the 70lbs lost you should be proud of yourself. second welcome to this site. I think the most important is to keep track of the food diary daily, drink water and try to move a little bit everyday. This is an awesome site that really makes you aware of what you are eating and offers alot of motivation and encouragement
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I think the closer you get to your ideal weight, the harder it is to lose. I only wanted to lose 20 lbs, and it is taking a lot of patience! Having said that I have the utmost respect and admiratiotion for all of my mfp friends who have lost 30-50-100+ lbs and have been working at it for months. They are the Heros of mfp!
  • Carolyn72
    Carolyn72 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I agree completely with both jbug and themommie! This site is a great source of motivation for me. Using the calorie counter was a HUGE eye opener for me. I have about 20 pounds of weight that I wasn't able to lose after having my kids, and, like you, kept losing about five, then gaining it right back. Last January I ran almost every day and still couldn't lose more, or keep the little I lost off.

The first day that I entered my meals into the calorie counter, I was absolutely shocked to see how far above the recommended calories I was! I thought I was cooking healthy, and we very seldom eat out. I sort of revamped my menus and am using portion control, and am happy to say that in my first week I lost 3 pounds! Give it a try--you may have the same results!!! :)
  • MFR1974
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I'd love to get some answers on how to get a jumpstart at this point!