Is anyone using the UP device VS Fitbit, which is better???

Options
Has anyone tried either of these devices and if so. 1. How has it help your over fitness journey 2. What is the most benefits you get from using a particular area.

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Both devices are activity monitors and estimate calorie burns based on motion. Neither is "better" than the other.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I like the Fitbit better but mainly because I don't want to take a wristband off, remove a cap and plug it into my phone to check my steps. Though the Up24 is going to be bluetooth to some mobile phones. The Fitbits have in-device displays and also synch wirelessly to my PC just by getting near it, so it's easy to check my progress throughout the day. And I can clip it to my bra and no one knows I'm wearing an activity monitor.

It's helped by showing me the value of NEAT. I lost 35 lbs. or so the first year I wore it.
  • jassyjan1
    jassyjan1 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input greatly appreciated
  • AlMonkey
    AlMonkey Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I just got the fitbit flex, and my boyfriend got the up24.
    both are very similar, but i wish we had gotten the same one so we can friend and challenge each others steps/day
    the battery life is about the same (5 days before a recharge)
    the fitbit doesn't automatically go to sleep mode if you forget to set it, but you can enter time to sleep and it will still track when you were moving about and restless, up24 will also vibrate to let you know if you've been inactive for an hour.
    overall we are both very satisfied with our bands, and find them really motivational ( i check so frequently how many lights i have lit up, and love earning badges)
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Take a look at the Bodymedia fit. It's more accurate but not as practical.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    I've used both. My up band stopped working after about six weeks. I switched to Fitbit then and never looked back. The up band has a nicer, friendlier app, but the Fitbit works.
  • charycedm1
    charycedm1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Many people are saying they don't like taking cap off of the up to record steps and such but the new upgraded Up24 if bluetooth synced and you don't have to do that. I love mine. It's awesome.
  • jassyjan1
    Options
    Thanks charycedm1 appreciate your info
  • jassyjan1
    Options
    Take a look at the Bodymedia fit. It's more accurate but not as practical.

Thanks I will do that
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I have an UP, and am currently waiting for the replacement to come. Thank goodness it is still under warranty. Almost everyone I know with one has it die after about 6 months, and I am no exception :grumble:
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I have both a Fitbit Flex and an UP by Jawbone. The UP app is way better than Fitbit. If I had to choose between them, I'd keep the UP. The only advantage w/ Fitbit is they make activity trackers you can clip to your bra. (Some people hate wristbands.) And Fitbit customer service is way better than Jawbone.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Some more thoughts: UP has an idle alert with customizable settings. If I'm sedentary for 1 hour between 8 a.m. & 8 p.m., my UP vibrates & I get moving. (Some people also take the opportunity to drink a glass of water.)

The best thing about my Flex is it vibrates when you reach your (customizable) goal. Maybe it's some kind of Pavlovian response, but I get so happy whenever it goes off. I wish UP would "borrow" the idea.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Had an UP, and gave it to my son. I didn't like it. Is there a device that will monitor heart rate and use that info to track exercise as a workout based on elevated heart rate? What I didn't like about the UP was that I had to wear it to track steps, then input all exercise.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I use Fibtbit Flex, I LOVE it, but I'm sure they all do the same :)
    Its a great motivator, I'm walking/moving about more than ever and I love that it tells me more accurately how many calories I'm burning each day.