Nights Are a Challenge

I find the nights hard in the area of nibbling...not that it is on junk so much as it is just eating past 8 or 9pm...I can go workout and then feel defeated if I take a few nibbles off leftovers. Oh poooooo Gotta just go to bed.. I think oh I can go to bed now get up in the morning then have a good light breakfast as apposed to nothing then my day is set for good things....lunch...eat good drinking more water then a good portion dinner and then night time boredom...arg

Replies

• feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    I'm a night owl and evening snacker :P I always make sure to leave some calories leftover for night snacking. And if I go over, I usually turn on the wii and box it off or dance it off. My main New Year's Resolution will be to go to bed at a healthier time each evening, so that should help reduce intake :)
  • Yes snacking at night...I grew up watching my mom do this for years.... needles to say she is diabetic now but doing great with her meals and workouts.. I worked out with her tonight... It is being home just me and the kids getting them into bed and then its just me and my boredom... one of many resolutions I am working on no are occupying my awake time especially at night with reading or just getting to bed...a routine will set me up it is sticking to it for at least long enough where it is a routine like brushing teeth going to the bathroom changing showering... I want something sweet now like a pbj yummy but my will power is stronger and by going upstairs, I will not want to go back down...lazy...lol
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    I have dessert every night. There's nothing wrong with having a healthy snack after dinner. Just plan for it; leave yourself extra calories or pre-log it.

I'm making some quinoa with dark chocolate chips and strawberries for dessert tonight. :) It's going to be delicious.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    I do well with not eating after dinner. I have to sometimes lock myself in my bedroom with a good book, but most of the time I just consider the kitchen closed. Distraction is the best for me. I like to knit and crochet and I won't eat while doing either. Find a hobby or a good book and head off to bed if you need to. You won't need to do it much. Once you get used to it you'll only have a problem every now and then.
  • squishybarb
    squishybarb Posts: 72 Member
    THIS! Night-snacking is my worst enemy! I too, tend to "save" calories because I almost always meander into the kitchen at night. I lose weight so much faster if I just don't eat after 7 PM..

The only way I can truly stay away is if I'm immersed in a good book, or dead tired.. other than that, it's a huge struggle.:grumble: :grumble:

I put the scale right next to the kitchen entrance so I step on it every time I go for food, which seems to deter me... hey, whatever works. Youre definitely not alone! :wink:
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    When I'm done eating for the night and don't want to do any random snacking, I brush my teeth. It makes everything taste terrible so I'm not tempted - and if that's not good enough, slip on a whitening strip. Whiter teeth and a better body :wink:
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    I have the curse of being a night owl and a morning person, lately, however, I have been able to curb the late night cravings and fill my stomach with water to make me feel less hungry.

To think, over a month ago, I would scarf down a bunch of pretzels and candy, thank God, I woke up.

Like you said, snack on the good stuff if you have to snack at night.
  • Whitening Strips to end the NIGHT EATING CONTINUATION MOVIE - Brilliant!
  • I have the curse of being a night owl and a morning person, lately, however, I have been able to curb the late night cravings and fill my stomach with water to make me feel less hungry.

To think, over a month ago, I would scarf down a bunch of pretzels and candy, thank God, I woke up.

Like you said, snack on the good stuff if you have to snack at night.

I'm so glad you said that... it's those deadly high calorie snacks that get me at night (and the rest of the day too)... If I get hungry tonight STEAMED BROCCOLI AND ZERO CALORIE DRESSING!
  • carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    The last few nights have been really hard for me as well. I still have Christmas candy and goodies, and just want to eat all of them at night! I have over 2,000 calories left for the day from all the working out I've done, but I'm going to try not to eat a lot of junk. I might have a brownie. Haven't decided yet. I could have a yogurt instead, and that would be better than a brownie.
  • I Made a Decision To Put A Small Insulated Lunchbox In The Livingroom With Healthy Snacks So I Don't Have To Go Into The Kitchen Where The Bad Choices Are. Seems To Work For Me.
  • Dreya711
    Dreya711 Posts: 79 Member
    I love the scale in front of the kitchen strategy! I am going to try that!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    I plan my night time ritual. I usually have a mug of Bengal spice tea with a splash of milk and 5 brazil nuts. I usually keeps me from going to the kitchen for anything else.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    When I'm done eating for the night and don't want to do any random snacking, I brush my teeth. It makes everything taste terrible so I'm not tempted - and if that's not good enough, slip on a whitening strip. Whiter teeth and a better body :wink:

This!
    I thought I was the only one. :D I brush my teeth when I'm done eating, and then won't eat anymore because now they're clean and I don't want to go to bed with dirty teeth or brush them again!
  • that is a fabulous idea!!!!!
  • exactly
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    I do well with not eating after dinner. I have to sometimes lock myself in my bedroom with a good book, but most of the time I just consider the kitchen closed. Distraction is the best for me. I like to knit and crochet and I won't eat while doing either. Find a hobby or a good book and head off to bed if you need to. You won't need to do it much. Once you get used to it you'll only have a problem every now and then.

This is really good.

And if all else fails, go to sleep! Most of us are sleep deprived anyway.
  • I am going to do that...put the scale in the kitchen..... and make a sign for my Fridge Door.....NO DONT DO IT!!!! LOL.
  • that too is a good idea however my kids should I say my son gets up and snacks in fact I caught him up at 2am not snacking that I caught but watching tv.... arg