how did you guy stick with it

Options
i had a hard time with it in the past its so hard to stick to 1200 cal,s

Replies

• luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    dont stick to 1200 cals.

Go slower. you have enough weight to lose according to your ticker. Go for a 1 lb a week weight loss. THis is for the long haul and slower has been proven a more successful weight loss plan that fast.

Also, you need to exercise. The more you burn, the more you get to eat!!!
  • jmcowan42
    jmcowan42 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    No man should eat below 1500 cals a day. I started out at 2000 a day when I first started losing weight. Now I follow whatever MFP tells me, which is now at 1750. Google a TDEE or BMR calculator and figure out how many calories you burn and go from there. MFP usually sets up a good calorie limit for you.

Find an exercise you enjoy and do it as much as possible.
  • BlakeHorton
    BlakeHorton Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't know your current weight or BMR but based on the amount you're looking to lose, 1200 cals has to be too low. If you're constantly at too much of a deficit, you risk losing lean body mass (muscle/bone/etc) Your body can only use so many calories from fat storage for energy and then it will default to using LBM. A constant huge caloric deficit also risks slowing down your metabolism. Try googling things like safe caloric deficit.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!