I succeeded. I failed. I'm starting again.

Options
I started MFP a while back and lost around 50 pounds. Unfortunately, school and other obligations have got the best of me. I am back to my highest weight.

I took a look at myself this morning and at the number on the scale and I decided it's time to stop making excuses. I know I can accomplish my goal and hopefully keep with it this time.

I just need a support system to help! I still have some friends left from my previous attempt, but some have come and gone.

I'm a 27 year old female from California. I'm a lawyer, though currently unemployed. I graduated from school in May and I am ready to better myself again.

Introduce yourself! Add me!

Replies

• shhcher
    shhcher Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that too! Dont wanna do it anymore! I love the way I feel when im thinner. When the weight comes back on, im miserable. I gained some during the holidays but getting back now. Add me if you want, im always looking for motivation myself!
  • RHeishman
    Options
    I can help! I've been there, I know the frustrations well.
  • tabbyxxcat
    tabbyxxcat Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    In the same boat...Lost 46lbs between Feb-Sept 2012. Started dating for the first time at 18. Gained back 10lbs.
    Finally back to where I was, but I feel like the games are just beginning ;D wishing you the best of luck on your journey! It is a journey after all :)
  • HappyMeLovely
    HappyMeLovely Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I've done the same thing throughout school! Would love to be motivational buddies
    :) WE CAN DO IT!
  • krista2131
    krista2131 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think we have all been there at one point in our life. You just need to get back to it, everyone will have a struggle with losing weight or working out. Just stick to it as much as possible, everyone slips up once in a while because no one is 100% perfect. Good luck on losing weight.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I was there. After I had my first kid I started MFP back in the spring of 2012. I didn't know there were online forums, so I just used the app and what it set up. I lost 40 lbs eating 1200 calories. I eventually got burnt out from eating so little and had no real direction other than what media tells people is good or bad. I gained about 15 lbs back and then the rest followed after I had my second baby May 2013. That's when I started the whole song and dance over. A few months in I discovered the forums and the wealth of knowledge there and it really opened my eyes. I've lost 43 lbs and I'm currently the smallest I've been in 7 years eating 1550+ depending on exercise. I have energy and I'm going strong. I wish you the same! I highly, hiiighly recommend joining the Eat, Train, Progress group on here and reading the posts. Also,

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

It demystified dieting for me and helped me see this as something sustainable that I can transfer into forever.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I remember my re-start. It worked out really well. I found that not dwelling on the mistakes and missteps really helped me to move forward.
  • Sugarhiccup03
    Sugarhiccup03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I know that frustration all too well as I've been in the same boat. This time I've been back on track and sticking to it. Every once and awhile I do have a treat as well as my downfalls but I keep progressing forward. Here's to a New year with a healthier lifestyle.
  • Violetta86
    Violetta86 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I have been on MFP since July 2012. I lost 33 pounds by the end of 2012 and then gained 12 back in 2013. I am looking to finally meet my goals in 2014! Feel free to add me. I am on pretty much daily. However, I do eat...I don't really do the1,200 calorie thing well. I am all about working out hard and enjoying food in moderation.
  • carolconboy
    carolconboy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I understand where you're coming from. I am starting over again as well. I did 3 rounds of HCG, losing 43 pounds. I'm not back to my original high weight. Argh.

I exercised today - I like to do that. I've found if I make exercise and drinking lots of water a priority, the food part is easier. I

I'm glad to be on MFP again.

Nice to meet you.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    wishing everyone here the best in the new year. please feel free to add if you want more support.
  • Shamistress
    Options
    I'm also in the same boat. Lost, gained, lost and gained yet again. I'm tired of having clothes in my closet I can't wear because I bought them when I was 50 lbs lighter. I've done weightwatchers, atkins and just plain calorie counting. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • fatnomore201220132014
    Options
    Your story sounds way too familiar. I too lost weight, about 40 pounds, but gained some back because I let stress of school and life in general get the best of me. I am giving this a second shot and I am determined to get results. Best of luck!

Anyone, please feel free to add me. :)
  • Lovinglife12
    Options
    Same for me as well! I lost about 40 and have gained 15 back since Sep. I reached a number today I haven't seen in over a year and am so disappointed in myself. I need to nip in in the bud before I let myself go further.
  • thefithairista
    thefithairista Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I went through the same thing. Lost 90lbs, went to Cosmetology school and gained more than half back. I am here to support you as well!

Good luck! :)

Katie
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    If you're starting again, you have not failed.

Fall down ten times. Get up eleven.
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    If you're starting again, you have not failed.

Fall down ten times. Get up eleven.

Love this :)
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Very familiar! I lost over 60# in 2012 and gained it all back plus some. I started again this October. More determined than ever to get the weight down! Much success in 2014!
  • Virgo09
    Virgo09 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I was MIA for about a over a month on MFP and managed to gain a good 15 lbs. It could have been prevented but life gets in the way sometimes...excuses I know. Now that things are getting back to normal for me, I can get back to my regular routine. It'll be tough in the beginning but I know in the end, it'll be all worth it. Feel free to add me.
  • touchafaith
    touchafaith Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm completely in the same boat. The past 5 months I've put on 2 stone that I lost while on here so I'm back to lose it again, this time I'm not leaving! Anyone who'd like more friends please add me also :-)