Vicky Pattison's 7 Day Slim

Options
Anone done Vicky Pattison's 7 Day Slim? Can you recommend it? The trailer look brilliant, but I would like some feedback before I shell out £15 for a DVD. :D

Replies

• eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Probably better off buying the Jungle Book to be honest

Don't give these crap celebs your money.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Shell GBP 15, loose weight, have a normal meal - put everything back on.
  • Roz2889
    Roz2889 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It looks like the workouts are quite tough but only 10 minutes a day?! How can that compare to insanity which is at least 45 minutes a day?! My only thought is that you would have to restrict your calories a lot more. Would love to hear from people actually doing it!
  • kimbyfly
    kimbyfly Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I think, for a celeb workout,it looks actually quite good. And you can do more than 1 in a row. I think it is meant to get you moving if you havn't for a while. II'm not unfit at all, but goodness me I am not Insanity level yet!. I was wondering peoples views who have actually done the workout. How does it compare to something such as the 30 Day Shred?
  • susanbro1
    Options
    I've just bought it from Amazon and will be giving it a go as soon as it arrives, will let you know how it goes x
  • kimbyfly
    Options
    Thankyou! <3
  • Anoula69
    Options
    Hi there, here's my review http://www.healthista.com/body/vicky-pattison-dvd-review/

I have been doing a new workout DVD a day since Christmas to try them all out and you can see all the reviews there. The Vicky Pattison one was brilliant as no equipment required and really high intervals good if you're intermediate (bit harder than Davina's). I just did Natalie Cassidy's and if you're a beginner looking to progress it's good - there's a lot of content (7 x 20 minute ones ranging from beginners to really advanced - lots of jumping plyometrics so big calorie burner - will post the review in a bit)

hope this helps!
  • Anoula69
    Options
    Yep, just saw the comment about doing more than one in a row - that's what I did. I actually did all of her ten minute workouts in one session. I was utterly battered at the end but it's a good option if you want to work hard
  • kimbyfly
    Options
    Brilliant. Thankyou very much!
  • wanabeyummymummy
    Options
    I purchased this dvd last week from tesco as ive recently had a baby via ceserean and not quite up to insanity stsndatd yet. I must say its actually quite good and defo works for a 10min work out. I was sweating. I will be posting pics as I go on
  • 1mandyburns
    1mandyburns Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I bought the dvd last Saturday and have made time to do the short 10 minute workout everyday and I already feel better about myself, my thighs are sore every day yay (means its working) and my belly feels less bloated.

The 10 minute work out is quite intense for a beginner like me but I have been keeping up and to me it seems like just enough. I am grateful for the 10 minute workout as I work ALOT and dont have much tiome to dedicate to exercise.

So far since last saturday i have lost 2 pounds, I have also been doing herbalife too.

Hope this helps.
  • eldamiano
    Options
    There are so many good fitness videos and routines from genuine instructors online at YouTube and the like.

I wouldnt bother spending money on a video endorsed by someone with no history in fitness whatsoever just because she lost a bit of weight recently...

And as if they lost weight with just 10 minute workouts....
  • roseyposey0405
    Options
    I bought it a week ago and I've lost 6lb! It doesn't take ages out of your day and I feel so much better about myself already! I have been trying to follow the meal plans but not sticking to them completely. Just tried to be a bit healthier! I would 100% recommend this. :)
  • missycs90
    Options
    I also brought this DVD a week ago, I love it. I get really paranoid when
    going to the gym so working out at home is perfect. I've lost 6lbs since last week
    I haven't stuck to her diet guidelines but I've stuck to the calorie intake
    of 1200. If I've had a bad day like yesterday (I ate at Nandos and had galaxy chocolate)
    I do 2 workouts instead of the 1. I'm not too fussed about losing lots of weight
    I just want a toned stomach and arms. I've never really been active so struggled at first but
    I have definitely found it easier each day. I have so much more energy too!
    Love it, best buy I've made and I can't wait to see how different I'll look in a month or twos time!
    Gorillas are a killer by the way! x
  • missycs90
    Options
    She does the whole DVD with a personal fitness instructor. He leads it and she follows, it's obvious she didn't get that size without him and the diet!
  • Roz2889
    Roz2889 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Just did workouts 1 and 2. Burned about 65 calories in each. Still struggling to see how people would lose weight on this program. All you'd have to do is eat one less apple a day and you'd be in the same position (calorie wise ignoring benefits of strength training and after burn which I doubt can be much given how little you do).

I would imagine the main reason people lose weight is because the food plan has them on 1200 calories a day which we all know is the absolute lowest you should eat.

Still quite enjoyed the workouts especially as it doesn't feel like a big commitment pressing play and you can just keep going through the workouts until you get knackered.

Bit worried the stretching isn't sufficient, after those gorilla moves I can feel my thighs hurting and don't feel the stretch was enough and they are gonna ache so bad tomorrow. Though I did enjoy them! Vicky is good, does the workouts and makes it look so easy and isn't patronising.

Will see how the rest of the workouts go.
  • graceygrowler
    Options
    The whole dvd is a con really, My friend goes to her gym and she does 5-6 sessions a week doing weights and HIIT cardio sessions for an hour at a time with a trainer whilst also following a very 'clean' diet, high in protein. The title suggests she achieved those results in seven days however if you look at the daily mail articles showing her working out in Jesmond Dene ( Newcastle) for at least the last four months.
  • eldamiano
    Options
    The whole dvd is a con really, My friend goes to her gym and she does 5-6 sessions a week doing weights and HIIT cardio sessions for an hour at a time with a trainer whilst also following a very 'clean' diet, high in protein. The title suggests she achieved those results in seven days however if you look at the daily mail articles showing her working out in Jesmond Dene ( Newcastle) for at least the last four months.

We have a sherlock here....
  • bubblyandblonde
    bubblyandblonde Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've just bought the 7 Day Slim and just started it this morning...
    10 minutes seems quiet appealing to me as I have a little 20 month old boy, run my own business and keep on top of the house, so I barley have 5 minute to myself.

Yesterday morning I did 30 Day Shred Level - 1 so today was a bit aching for trying Vicky's, but did the first session, and I thought it was quiet intense for a 10 minute session, however, tomorrow I may do more than just the 10 minutes as 10 minutes doesn't feel like a lot really, and I'd like to burn a lot more.

Thinking of doing Vickys every day, and 30 Day Shred as an when I can.
    I'm also, when it's not raining going to go on long walks.

Following Vickys diet plan too, see how it goes...

Feel free to add me.
  • bimboclare
    Options
    How many calories would you burn doing the workouts? Xx