2013 By the Pound

Options
Zelinna
Zelinna Posts: 207 Member
I never posted a success story when I hit my goal almost a month ago, so I figured why not do it now that the year is coming to a close (plus I took an updated photo on Christmas :laugh:).

I found the success stories so inspirational that I can only hope to do the same. (I originally posted this on my blog, but it is the best breakdown of my journey)

Stats: 5'7
SW: 210
CW/GW: 150

I started my weight loss journey in August of 2012, but it was in 2013 that I was really successful.

Here is a month by month breakdown of 2013:

January: 189 – 184 lbs
My first plateau started in December 2012 and continued on until mid January. Being able to maintain my routine and break my plateau really solidified that I would be able to reach my goal... Eventually

February: 184-181 lbs
I was focused on running and trying to get my 5K time down.

March: 181-176 lbs
I felt like I was losing muscle so I started to move away from cardio and focus more on strength work. This was when I discovered the Nike Training Club app.

April: 176-172 lbs
Completed my first (and only) 5 K run. I plan to do more, but needed a break from running.
Up until this point I didn’t have to buy new clothes. In April I finally, after 9 months, dropped into a size 10. This kicked off a constant stream of clothes buying that I really need to stop. J

May: 172-169 lbs
For the first time in my adult life I was below 170 lbs, and started buying medium shirts.

June: 169-164
Bought first pair of size 8 jeans!

July: 164 lbs
Spent most of the month on holiday, I worked out when I could but was really focused on maintaining, not losing.

August: 164-160 lbs
I reached my original goal of getting to 160 lbs and started Insanity.

Sept: 160-155 lbs
INSANISTY!

October: 155-153 lbs
Completed insanity and started using the JEFIT app for tracking strength training.
Insanity was probably one of the toughest things I have done, but was definitely worth the effort. I lost 9 lbs and 5 inches (mainly from my lower body)

November: 153-149 lbs
Started to focus on how to transition to maintenance and finally hit my goal of 150 lbs. :bigsmile:

December: ~148 Lbs

I am working on maintaining and finding new fitness goals to keep me motivated.

PhotoGrid_1380079579995_zps36298c41.jpg

April 2012 and December 2013
PhotoGrid_1388034538094_zpskeji40vc.jpg

Replies

• ambsnic17
    ambsnic17 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous my friend!! You have been a motivation to me due to our goals being the same and starting off in the same area. It has given me a push to know that i can do it and reach my goal. Thank you for posting your success, you deserve it!!
  • jassyjan1
    jassyjan1 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    First thanks for sharing your journey. You look awesome. Insanity was about the toughest program I ever completed also. Best of luck to you on maintenance. Again you look fabulous !!
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!
  • Zelinna
    Options
    You look fabulous my friend!! You have been a motivation to me due to our goals being the same and starting off in the same area. It has given me a push to know that i can do it and reach my goal. Thank you for posting your success, you deserve it!!

Thanks!
  • lilray01
    lilray01 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!
  • dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great!
  • katiekicks
    Options
    So awesome, friend! You look absolutely stunning and have about the same weight and goals as me. I love seeing your transformation and know I can do it too. Keep rocking it out, girl!
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Nice job!!! You look great!
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    *wolf-whistle* Fantastic work and determination! That's awesome that you broke through the plateau -- one of the most frustrating and soul crushing obstacles in this whole ordeal. Keep up the great work :)
  • thistimewillbedifferent
    Options
    I love the way you broke down your progress month by month like that -- very helpful for those of us who are still trying to get there. Congratulations on your many achievements and best wishes for continued success!
  • travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work friend...you look fit and healthy!

It's amazing what can happen in a year with some sweat, hard work, and dedication...You rock!
  • rjgvt
    rjgvt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • Zelinna
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Yayy! I've read your blog, visited your MFP page a few times, and have even saved links to your old success posts before. You've been a huge inspiration for me -partially b/c we are same height and build but mostly b/c you are so successful! I am so happy for you and you look fabulous!!!! Congrats!
  • orodee
    orodee Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Great work!! I must say you motivate me everyday… Keep up the good work!!
  • Zelinna
    Options
    Yayy! I've read your blog, visited your MFP page a few times, and have even saved links to your old success posts before. You've been a huge inspiration for me -partially b/c we are same height and build but mostly b/c you are so successful! I am so happy for you and you look fabulous!!!! Congrats!

Thanks, I wasn't sure if anyone actually read that :blushing:
  • chelseac1014
    chelseac1014 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!
  • SlimSimSlim
    SlimSimSlim Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    U look awesome!!
  • curvyin2014
    Options
    wow! I like how you broke down your weight loss by month. Sometimes you think you arn't heading anywhere but when you look back over you see your total accomplishment.
  • LittleMeeR
    Options
    Amazing ! Such an inspiration :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!