A mini success for me

Options
Hello all,
I'm new here, only just started on my weightloss journey and since I haven't told anyone IRL about it I thought I'd post here because I really need to share it with someone. :)
Today I was SERIOUSLY craving junk, I wasn't even sure what sort of junk I wanted, whether I wanted sugar, chocolate or grease...all I knew is I wanted *something* bad. I fought it all morning, nothing worked. I drank litres of water, tried sugar free gum and fruit (not together) but by lunchtime it was so bad I had more or less decided that I was going to succumb to temptation and was ready to write today off as a shocker, food wise.
I went out at lunchtime, still trying to decide what junk I was going to break my diet with and decided to have a look at some clothes before I had lunch. This was probably the best thing I've ever done...seeing all those gorgeous clothes gave me back my motivation. I tried on a gorgeous skirt and even though it looked awful on me it didn't bother me because I realised that if I didn't fight my cravings it would always look awful on me so I left the shop, went back to the office and had my tuna salad for lunch, more determined than ever that I *would* get back into all the lovely skirts and dresses I wore in my pre-pregnancy days.

I think that's possibly the first time in my life that I've given myself 'permission' to slip up and then not done it. I am so unbelievably proud of myself right now.

Replies

• caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! You should be so proud!
    I'm glad you found what you needed to motivate yourself again! Keep up the great work! :)
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    You should be extremely proud of yourself and that's not a mini success; That's a big success!

We do whatever it takes to keep going on the weight loss journey.
  • Canonoch
    Canonoch Posts: 120
    Options
    Great Job. I know it is not easy fighting cravings. You found something that helped you though it. WTG!
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    That's awesome - the biggest part of my "lifestyle change" is getting over mental cravings - you did great!
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    That's awesome - the biggest part of my "lifestyle change" is getting over mental cravings - you did great!
  • pamp1emousse
    pamp1emousse Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Well done :happy:
    Also, you've indirectly given me such good advice for when I just want to eat a whole loaf of bread with butter - go window shopping! Brilliant idea!

Congrats on your big success!!
  • AdventureVia
    AdventureVia Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up! I've not had any real chocolate or sugar in over a month and I gotta say it feels really good. I don't crave it and it's kind of like when I quit smoking, now it just kind of puts me off a bit. It'll come!
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    proud of you. sometimes it is hard to stay focused
  • lornawalker
    Options
    Well done, its so hard to say no but you proved to yourself you can do it, you should feel really proud :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!