Do we add things like milk and sugar to what we eat

Options
When we use sugar and milk and things like that, do we have to add them into our diary.

Replies

• elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Like adding them to coffee or cereal? Absolutely account for them!
  • jessemerson86
    jessemerson86 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    YES! You want to hold yourself accountable for all the calories consumed. It helps. Sometimes I feel silly adding 1/8 cup of milk to my food diary, but the little calories add up (In the same way that all the little exercise you do adds up).
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Oh ok then, I have not done that but I will start tomorrow.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    you sure do and I find that they really add up, mores the pity!
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    the entire point of the food diary is to log everything consumed so you can see where your problems on sodium, protein, fiber, nutrients, etc are; see patterns in problem eating, etc. yes--list everything if you want to be successful.
  • amyfly
    amyfly Posts: 137
    Options
    Everything you eat that has calories goes in your log - even if it's just a few calories like a piece of gum. At the end of the day it all adds up and just a few calories here or there can be the difference b/w staying with in you calorie goal or going over and really slowing your progress.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    If you bite it , write it :blushing:
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    ..duh? if you're going to eat it, why wouldn't you write it down?
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    That is exactly the specific type of ingredient that i would be super careful to add. Those are the sneakers. A side of french fries we all know is bad but, u may be suprrised at the caloric content of your daily coffee habbit or how bad those cheerios really are for you once u add that half a cup of sugar and that whole milk.
    I don't know how everyone else does it but, I'm neurotic about my diary, with weighing and the such but, its all about the numbers.
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Ok then thank you for your help, I started counting the sugar and the milk today, I already know what I am having tomorrow provided my dinner doesn't get changed around but I always plan a day ahead so I don't have more than what I have already said.