Holiday Binging- I gained back 10 pounds. Support buddies?

Options
Hey all,
so over the holidays I decided (with much help from family and friends) to let loose from my borderline obsessive food rules... and I ate a bunch of holiday foods in excess. Long story short I gained 10 pounds in eleven days. Yes, you read that correctly.

Who else got wayyyy off track during the holidays and is planning on starting over on January 1st? Anyone else worried that starting a diet on January 1st is jinxed? Haha. I'm looking for some weight loss and motivation buddies for January- any takers? :flowerforyou: We could message each other with support messages, motivation, etc.

stats: age 23, HW: 110, CW: 100, GW ~90, 5". Looking to slim down, tone up and get healthy.

Replies

• MyFoodGod
    MyFoodGod Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Check out Overeaters Anonymous. They have podcasts online to learn more from members.
  • momofzack731
    Options
    Hey my name is Stefanie. I'm 21, I have two babies that were c sections.my recent c section was 3 1/2 months ago. I went from 150 to 183!!! I am trying to lose weight but I am a stress/binge eater too. I am looking for support as well.i want to drop weight so I can go shopping with taxes and get smaller cute clothes again. I know how you feel about the new years resolution weight loss thing...it seems cliche, and jinxed lol. Anywho if you want to talk we can. I need a support buddy bad..
  • moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Haha story of the past five weeks for me. I ate the usual holiday food AND have a foot injury that hasn't let me run.. As you can guess, I gained weight (about 10 pounds to be exact.)

Back to healthy eating and getting exercise where I can get it (ex: cycling.) Want to hold each other accountable? While recovering from an eating disorder, I try not to be super obsessive about numbers but do look at the general foods (aka apple > Reese's PB cup)
  • Zenjaeie
    Options
    Haha story of the past five weeks for me. I ate the usual holiday food AND have a foot injury that hasn't let me run.. As you can guess, I gained weight (about 10 pounds to be exact.)

Back to healthy eating and getting exercise where I can get it (ex: cycling.) Want to hold each other accountable? While recovering from an eating disorder, I try not to be super obsessive about numbers but do look at the general foods (aka apple > Reese's PB cup)

Definitely! I'm recovering from an eating disorder too, so I'm really strict about not getting too obsessive or focusing on numbers. Still, it's nice to be healthy and use moderation. Maybe we could help keep each other in line :)
  • Zenjaeie
    Options
    Hey my name is Stefanie. I'm 21, I have two babies that were c sections.my recent c section was 3 1/2 months ago. I went from 150 to 183!!! I am trying to lose weight but I am a stress/binge eater too. I am looking for support as well.i want to drop weight so I can go shopping with taxes and get smaller cute clothes again. I know how you feel about the new years resolution weight loss thing...it seems cliche, and jinxed lol. Anywho if you want to talk we can. I need a support buddy bad..

We can make sure this new year's resolution STICKS :) And I so agree about the cute clothes. I might not have much to lose but I ate my way out of all of my newer clothes, believe it or not.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Overeating isn't always a bad thing. My holiday overeating has added a few reps to my bench press, so I'm happy :wink:
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've also had a couple of days where I've gone over and the cold weather has kept me from running as much as I'd like and the scale may be up a few more lbs than it was last week but a really smart friend of mine re-posted this and it completely makes sense. Y'all should read it. Mrsbigmack knows her stuff!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mrsbigmack/view/short-term-weight-gain-panic-sets-in-463326
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    We can make sure this new year's resolution STICKS :) And I so agree about the cute clothes. I might not have much to lose but I ate my way out of all of my newer clothes, believe it or not.
    [/quote]

I ate myself out if my newer clothes also!! Pisses me off. I gained back 10 lbs from my maintenance wt and am not happy. It is day 3 of back on track.. I weighed myself and am tracking all food. I can do this. I love all my new clothes and want to fit in my summer things when that comes along.
  • Fat2Fit9090
    Fat2Fit9090 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Have any of you ladies checked out the Facebook group Banana Girls?
    It is a great diet for people who are over eaters!
  • Zenjaeie
    Options
    Overeating isn't always a bad thing. My holiday overeating has added a few reps to my bench press, so I'm happy :wink:

I've definitely taken this opportunity as "holiday bulking" ;)
  • Zenjaeie
    Options
    Have any of you ladies checked out the Facebook group Banana Girls?
    It is a great diet for people who are over eaters!

Sorry, I don't like fad diets :smile: