1,300 Calorie Diet

Options
Hello there,

I just wanted to see if there was anyone else out there on the 1,300 Calorie Diet??????

Replies

• KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    No
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I choose to not starve.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    nope
  • KellyJannine
    KellyJannine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    MFP has me at 1200 for my goal of losing 2 pounds a week... but i don't like it.. i usually change it to a higher number, but since I lost 10 pounds since my last goal change it just reset to 1200 today.. i wasn't paying attention when it was walking me through my new goal lol oops.. just have to go change it.. I like to eat around 1800
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Uh-Uh.
  • Frayde
    Frayde Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    MFP "allows" me 1300 calories/day, and then I usually exercise which adds 250 or 300 or more calories. So I eat 1550-1600. It would be really hard to stick with just 1300 calories/day.
  • MakeitHappenHoney
    Options
    Well MFP set my calories at 1380, so I guess I am.
  • Getfit4m3
    Options
    Today, I am making changes to lose weight by exercising and making healthier food choices. Has anyone tried the DDP yoga as their method of exercise?
  • justinproulx1
    Options
    hell to the no what do you weigh....80 lbs?
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I choose food.
  • justinproulx1
    Options
    none of you girls should be on a diet that low smh your gonna cause metabolic damage ;/ you need to fuel your body dont follow MFP settings set them custom
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Nope. 1900 calories here. :bigsmile:
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I don't get people that instantly say 1200 or 1300 is starving yourself. I'm on 1300, which is only a 200 calorie deficit for me. Hardly starving myself. If it doesn't work for you then fine, but there are plenty of people it does work for, and those are the people OP is asking for.
  • janicebinva
    janicebinva Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    MFP actually puts many of us on 1200 calories per day, net. I am 47, female, and have about 15 pounds to lose. The 1200 calorie net diet is only to lose one pound a week.

Yes, it's not enough food to make me happy a lot of the time. That's why I have to exercise so I can eat more and still lose weight.

I could cry about how unjust it is, or I can deal with it.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I've done that before, while doing a fair bit of heavy lifting in work for long hours. Did do the job, but certainly wasn't gaining strenghth.

Now I've had to up my non workout day calories from 1400 to 1600 or so because I was losing faster than I wanted - and my workout day calories (every other day) are over 2400 - still leaves me losing over a 1lb a week it seems.