The Wedding Diet :)

Options
Well here I am... in a familar place I must say. Trying to lose weight that I've already lost before and gained back. Its discouraging to say the least but I'm ready to get this under control!

Last December, my boyfriend proposed to me and became my fiance :) We're getting married May 21, 2011 (234 days to go!!) and I can't wait. However I just recently saw pictures of myself and I'm not comfortable with how I look. So here I am again, trying to shed the weight and create a healthier lifestyle for myself and Josh.

I've signed up with a personal trainer and she's got me on a high protein diet. Apparently we're "changing my body composition" so I don't just lose the weight but I'm creating more lean muscle. Sounds good right? Except the scale hasn't budged... now I'll admit, I haven't given the diet or extra cardio my 100% but I was hoping that just by being with her that I would see a small difference and be motivated to do it on my own. So far it hasn't happened..yet!

So I'm going to try the message boards. Talk with people who are on the same path as me and get my support here. Please message me if you're interested - I could use the support!

Here we go... the Wedding Diet begins!

Replies

• gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    If just hanging out with a fit person made us fit we'd all be kidnapping gym trainers and handcuffing them to us :P
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    And welcome back :D
  • doris_day
    Options
    (Personal trainers attached to us) That's funny - thanks for the afternoon laugh.

I absolutely love this site. You'll get lots of encouragement here.
  • kerryrief
    Options
    Good point :) I've done trainers before but never let them take over my nutrition like I've let her. Its interesting to say the least! But when I logged in yesterday and did the calories, I saw she's got me on a roughly 1200 calorie diet. Not that bad...

Thanks for the welcome - hoping to make some friends here :)
  • Beebee78
    Options
    You will find no end of support here.

I have a trainer - if I didn't give 100% I would be cheating myself. You need to push yourself to do this and you will see results in no time at all xxx
  • randilea
    Options
    If you are looking for support you came to the right place! Congrats on the engagement!!
  • pen282
    pen282 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    hey
    I am getting married the same date as you! The healthy lifestyle / diet has indeed began :)
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement! :heart:

Yes, you'll get lots of support here! Just some suggestions, you might want to make your food diary public so that when you ask for some help, everyone can get a glimpse of your diet and offer good suggestions for improvement. Drink LOTS of water, make sure you are enough calories to support the exercise that you do, eat 5 or 6 small meals/snacks throughout the day to keep your metabolism working, whole grains, limit processed foods, eat fiberous foods.... and enjoy planning your wedding!! :flowerforyou:
  • kerryrief
    Options
    How exciting!! Congratulations!!! I started a countdown in my office so I'll always know how long I have to go - we're at 234 days can you believe it? In a little over a month, we'll be UNDER 200 days! Gotta get this butt off the couch and start MOVING! :)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    YAY CONGRAT! I'm a bride on a mission as well, but my date isn't until July 7, 2012. I'm hoping to lose what i need to in a year and then maintain for year. Welcome back! we'll all help in any way we can:)
  • SarrahJane
    Options
    First off, Congrats on your engagement!!!
    I am also getting married, but soon (February 2011)
    The pressure of a wedding and the dress can definitely be a lot and you want to look your best,
    But trust your trainer and keep pushing yourself and you will get there
    I also want to look fantastic in the wedding dress...I am here for you if you need support and so is everyone else!!!
    Good luck and stay focused!
  • pen282
    pen282 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    hey kerryrief - Im the same - with the countdown that is! It makes me excited to see it - but scary at the same time! still lots to do!!
  • erinconnell
    Options
    Hey Kerryrief and the gang

Congrats to all the girls getting married - I AM TOO yeah my wedding date is set for 19 March 2011 - so i have decieded it is game on - guy at work put my on to this and today is my first day. Wish me luck and looking forward to our little journey together
  • monica1515
    Options
    We're getting married March 18th, 2011! Just around the corner!

I keep reading and hearing that it is not abnormal for a bride to gain weight during the entire process. It can be stressful! I think the most important thing is not to get healthy just for the big day, but to create healthy habits so that you don't have to struggle with the newlywed weight that many struggle with after marriage.
  • susans76
    susans76 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The amount of support on this site is really encouraging! I just got engaged 10 days ago, no date set yet but I figured I might as well start gearing up for the challenge. Good luck!
  • romzana
    romzana Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    here are some tips and quotes to help you

1.Have faith that all your hard work will pay off if you don’t give up too soon.

2.Understand that you didn’t gain weight over night so you won’t lose weight over night

3. if you think you will over eat eat in front of a mirror

4.Avoid alcohol

6.hang your new too-small-clothes in the front of your closet where you can see them

7.Distraction - clean the house when you feel like binging, if you still live at home, your mum will be so
    happy about you maybe she'll nagg you less at dinner time plus u'll be burning off cals

8.when you feel like junk food Chew sugar free gum or mints constantly. I am never without one or the other in my mouth. The benefits are endless: it kills cravings, keeps your mouth full so you can't binge, burns calories by chewing

9.Buy a pair of expensive jeans at least one size too small. Try them on right before you eat. You will either not want to eat or will eat less. When you lose enough weight to fit into them properly, reward yourself by buying another pair, again one or two sizes too small.

10.Don't eat in front of the telly that way you wouldnt see all them food ads

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ - When going out, take only the amount of money you'll need and nothing extra. That way you won't be tempted to spend it on food. OR GO GROCERY SHOPPING WHEN/IF YOU'RE HUNGRY.

11.In between each mouthful of food that you eat, take a sip of water. It fills you up and slows down your eating so that you stay in control and the meal doesnt turn into a flat-out binge.

12. Write a note to yourself listing all the reasons you are finally ready to lose weight. Keep this letter with you at all times, for inspiration.

HERE ARE SOME QUOTES TO HELP YOU -

~If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you dream it, you can become it. Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments.

~No one can make you feel inferior without your permission.

~Above all challenge yourself, you may be surprised at what you can achieve.

~I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence but it comes from within. It was there all the time.
    ~Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

~If you keep at it, one day something that seemed impossible will become merely something very difficult indeed.

~No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively have the power to change.

~My world is expanding as my butt is shrinking.

~You have got to say, I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it. It’s called perseverance.
    ~My life tomorrow will be the result of my attitude and the choices I make today.

~You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.

~The only person who can stop me…is me…and I can take her.

~Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.

~Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

~There isn’t a person anywhere that isn’t capable of doing more than he thinks he can.

~Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to achieve it. The time will pass anyway.

~Never, ever give up!!!

~Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.

~To lengthen your life, shorten your meals.

~It’s a lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believe in myself

~Shoot for the moon….even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars

~Winners are dreamers that never give up

~Eat for the body you want, not the body you have.

~It’s never too late to be what you might have been.

~There is no strength without struggle

~One should eat to live, not live to eat

~You can’t change the past but you can change the future

~When you look in the mirror you are looking at the problem. You are also looking at the solution

Don't give up what you want most for what you want at the moment

Most Importantly ----~The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do