Not new, but starting over

Options
Hello again. I have been a member here for about three years, but over the past year I have gained back all the weight that I had lost. So I am starting over. During my inactivity most of my friends on here have moved on without me or have become inactive themselves.

I fail at this kind of thing so I guess all I want to say is. I am back and hope that 2014 is a good one for everyone.

Replies

• ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me. I'm just starting back too. I've not gained weight back, but I need help getting back on the exercise bandwagon.
  • ItsOnlyChocolate
    ItsOnlyChocolate Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over again. Back during the late summer I started on MFP and lost about nine pounds but I got discouraged because I was at the start of my goal and looked down the road. Now I'm trying again. My goal is more about establishing the discipline to go the distance and to control my emotional eating, so that if my gastric bypass becomes a reality, I will not sabotage myself. I am a great one for doing this in other areas of my life, so here goes.

I wish all of us the best for the coming year, in terms of meeting our goals.:tongue:
  • kimmydg11
    kimmydg11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same here. Doing the same thing that I'm sure a fair few people are doing this fine January......well you have to start some where. I weigh a lot and want to loss a lot . 2014 is gonna be a big test as regards to emotional eating and would really like the help from everyone to stop this from happening. Lots of positive thinking and maybe a bit of exercise.....oh if we gave too. Please feel free to add :)
  • aschroeder2749
    aschroeder2749 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting again too. Had a real good streak going for awhile this summer, but fell way, WAY off the bandwagon! :)
  • melissahoyer
    melissahoyer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It sounds like I found the right place. I started mfp a while ago, lost almost 10 pounds then stopped paying attention. Little by little I started back on bad habits, drinking Diet Coke (an absolute vice for me), I'm currently at yet again, a personal highest weight. I'd be happy for any of you to add me. I'm more than willing to give support to anyone who needs it.

I've always been healthy and strong, but as life has moved on, I've lost more and more focus on the work that goes into staying healthy and strong. I'm a mother of 3 and a full time preschool teacher. I'm married to a wonderful man who has been with me for 18 years! We've had certain stressors in our lives that have contributed to me not focusing on my health and poor eating has really become a fall back habit when things get busy or stressful. As he gets some of his struggles under control, I'm choosing to be inspired to do the same thing.

Good luck everyone~ Melissa
  • Lucyf517
    Options
    Hi, Starting over for 2014 - This is going to be a good year! Have a shed load of weight to get off and would love to be back in a size 10/12 which would be great. Feel free to add me if you'd like to give and get some moral support - it must be easier if you're doing this with 'friends'. :-) Join me for a slimmer and healthier 2014 - Lucyf517 x
  • broncosfan31
    broncosfan31 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am starting over, too! I can do it; have done it before, but am looking for some support as I attempt to make this a once and for all permanent change. Please add me if you are in the same boat. I am looking forward to the extra help!
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling! I only lost 10 pounds last year, and I really want to kick it into gear this year!