Looking for friends and support

Options
Hi everyone,

I used myfitnesspal about three years ago and successfully lost weight and got on the exercise bandwagon. Well, I recently got married, and what with stress eating leading up to the ceremony and binging on our honeymoon I have gained a lot of it back. I have also stopped exercising all together. I would like to find some friends to help motivate me to stay on track with making healthy food choices and COOKING, as well as staying consistent with exercise. My goals are to stay at about 1300 calories per day and 30 minutes of cardio per day to start out. My traps are that I live in a downtown area surrounded by delicious restaurants, and my husband and I frequently fall into the temptation of just going out to eat. I also struggle because my husband loves junk food (he enjoys coke and potato chips and McDonalds), so it is hard to stay on track when there is constantly bad food in the house and I don't have a partner who is committed to health and fitness. Which is why I am reaching out to you all. Hopefully I can find some friends who will encourage and motivate me to stay healthy and reach my goals! I am also hoping that if I am successful with this it will inspire my husband to begin making healthy choices as well and we can do this together.

Emily

Replies

• Mazella55
    Mazella55 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey, I can see your problem and sometimes I struggle when all of my friends go out to Mcdonalds and expect me to eat aswell!
    Feel free to add me, and hopefully we can help each other :)
    And to anyone else reading this, I don't mind if you add me as a friend aswell. We all need as much encouragement as we can get!
  • missashleyking
    Options
    Hi There! I too am starting my journey! I actually bought the insanity DVD...call me crazy. I think it will work! I am doing their diet plans as well. I blog about it, in hopes to help me in my journey. I was hoping that this would make me more accountable! :) So lets do this together. We can lose weight, learn how to eat, and perhaps get a couple laughs along the way. So check it out if you want, i could use the support...http://f-offfat.blogspot.com/
  • hanab1987
    hanab1987 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I have the same problem with my partner, he loves his junk food and is always bringing home chocolate and sweets which makes it much harder for me to stay on track (and I seem to veer off much too often at the moment) but with the new year fast approaching I'm determined to get fit and healthy once and for all! I will add you now and we can motivate each other!
  • mknoxx82
    Options
    Hi there!! I feel your pain when you say your significant other is addicted to junk food and you're trying to eat healthy and lead an active lifestyle. I live with my boyfriend and he doesn't eat anything healthy. Ever. lol. He is addicted to Mountain Dew, meat, fast food and restaurants. All the good stuff!! And on top of that, he doesn't exercise. And he's not overweight. He's one of THOSE people lol.

So I find it extremely difficult to stay on track. Temptations are everywhere, everyday. I'm trying to keep a positive mind set for myself, which isn't really easy. I try to tell myself that if I get off track, it's okay. Not to beat myself up about it, but is even MORE of a reason to get back on track and not sabotage myself. I am my own worst enemy. Like, last night, he brought home a bunch of Chinese food and I couldn't resist. But I didn't pig out. I had a few bites and made sure today I am back on it. We are only human, right!!
    You can add me if you want and we can help eachother out. Good luck and happy new year!
  • holdthemustard
    Options
    Hi all,

Would love some support and motivation as I begin my journey to fitness and health. This is going to be my year. Please add me and together we can support and motivate each other.
  • canadianvampyregurl
    Options
    im single so i dont really have the "other" person problem but i do have a roommate...she is going to keep her chips and junk food in her own space so im not tempted to grab them from the pantry cuz i love me some bbq chips

im here to help support anyone too :) plz feel free to add me if you like :)

best of luck ladies
  • DianenOz
    Options
    Hi! I just logged into myfitnesspal a week ago, have done nothing with it due to the hectic holidays n stress. I am hoping to also find friends to pal up with n make this journey a successful one for all of us. I have the husband that does work out some but then will sit n eat chips n dips all evening, brings me chocolate when he knows I am trying to loose weight. Not intentionally to sabotage me but trying to spoil me without using his head or remembering I am trying to eat healthy. Then I have the daughter that won't eat anything besides pasta n breads. (All day if I'd let her). I really want to make it work this time, and make working out a part of my daily routine in life again. You all can add me if you would like. I enjoy encouraging and helping others!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP you've taken the first step. As for the junk food junkie husband, I have one of those too. What helped me was to preplan my day so I could include treats and still keep my calorie deficit. This way at night when hubby is eating his cookies, chips or whatever else he's eating, I can have my ice cream or chocolate.

Here's a few basics to get you started:

1. Log everything honestly and as accurately as you can
    2. Be Patient
    3. Learn Portion control
    4. Learn moderation
    5. Don't deprive yourself

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • LindaDickerson
    Options
    Hi, Everyone~
    I am new to MyFitnessPal (today is Day 2). I moved to Texas from Colorado about 3 years ago, and have gained a LOT of weight since the move. I need to loose 45 - 50 pounds to get back to where I was before my move. I also have a husband who has a sweet-tooth, and LOVES all the "bad for you" stuff! We don't have children at home anymore, and it's so easy to just go out and grab something fast for dinner.
    I'm ready to LOOSE this weight, and 2014 is going to be the year! I'm looking for friends and support as I begin this journey, and here to offer any support I can to others. I know it's not going to be easy, but nothing worth anything seldom is! Please feel free to add me as a friend. We're in this together! :happy:
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back! Even though I've been here for a while it is always great to have new friends.
  • bawatkins528
    Options
    Hello,
    Today is my first day joining MFP I am excited to have the support of the tools and other dieters. I began my weight loss journey (I refuse to use the word diet) on the 28th of December, the day before my birthday. My goal is 25-30 pounds. Like you, I have a husband who enjoys eating junk food and healthy food. The winter months in Ohio make our typical mode of exercise, hiking, fishing and walking our dogs are difficult due to the low temps and snow. Honestly, I don't like the cold, But, I dusted off the treadmill today and began the journey. I found that if I have a good book to read I can go for much longer. My difficulty is that I am an "emotional eater": I eat when happy, sad, mad or anything in between. I enjoy the comfort. I have promised myself to limit my eating to scheduled times and planned meals when possible. I am prepared with snacks that I can carry with me to and from work to make things easier.
    I look forward to sharing and talking with you and others as well.
    Thank you
    BAW
  • loser19677
    Options
    Hi. I'm in the same boat!! I need to lose around 50-60 and my husband is no help as his sweet tooth is awful. And tempting!! I need a buddy that can help me fend off the night time sugar fiend and vise versa!! Helppppp:smile:
  • SailorAriel
    SailorAriel Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I have 200+ lbs to lose. I had lost 100 lbs in late 2012 but I lost track and gained it all back. That goes for everyone here! Feel free to add me if you need support because I am looking for support too!