Looking into buying a juicer....what juicer do you own

Options
I've read a lot of reviews of Breville and Omega juicers on Amazon and none of them get steller reviews...so I wanted to get opinions from this community. What juicer do you own?

Thanks. :)

Replies

• judyamk
    judyamk Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I bought a Nutri Bullet from Amazon, I love it . I know it is different from a juicer I cut my fruit up , & I love it because of the size also.
    Judy:smile:
  • reginachapman35
    reginachapman35 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Omega juicer right here! I got mine on sale back in 2013 It's a masticating juicer which works great for me. I have had no problems.
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Check out the Jack Lelane juicers. When I was a sucker and had no idea that proper nutrition and exercise was all you needed to lose bodyfat I bought one. I used it for about a week but the week I had it, boy did it work great.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    DD wanted a juicer and I did a lot of research on it. Most juicers just squeeze the liquid from fruits and veggies. The Nutribullet extracts all the peel and all the fiber too. And it's cheaper than a Breville or other juicer. And easier to clean. I got ours from a liquidator on ebay for about $70 including shipping.
  • Lynn_babcock
    Lynn_babcock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have a Waring.. I guess it does pretty good for a juicer. It does make me sick how much of the fruit/vegetables aren't used though. Lately if I'm going to make a food drink I use my blender so I'm not throwing much out.
  • punkyjones
    punkyjones Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have two juicers. Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt Juice Extractor and the Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer. The Breville is much quicker but the Omega gets more juice out of stuff. Also the Omega is much much better for greens. It all really depends on what you want your juicer to do.
  • _Danno_
    _Danno_ Posts: 165
    Options
    Personally I don't get the whole juicer thing! Fruit tends to come in handy portions as it is and you get very little wastage.

But each to their own I guess.
  • LindaDickerson
    Options
    I decided to buy a juicer after watching the documentary, "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead". It made a believer out of me! I tried a masticating juicer first, but for me it was very slow and time consuming. While I know that you get more nutrients out of your juice with a masticating style juicer, I just didn't have the time to spend that it required. I returned it, and bought a Breville, and LOVE it! It's easy to clean and very fast! I
  • BIGREDNM
    Options
    I bought a Jack Lalaine juicer, and loved it while I used it but got tired of it after awhile, I paid $170 for it cause I got the industrial model, I've since purchased a Ninja, cause you can do so much more with it. My mom purchased the Nurti bullet and just loves it and it's also cheaper.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Go for a masticator instead of a juicer, that way you don't lose the fiber bits. Or a Ninja, which I just bought, the one with the single serve cups. LOVE it, and it will smoothie the hell outta everything so far! (Carrots, apples, etc.)
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have a Nutri Bullet. I love it.
  • crystalnichle
    crystalnichle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juicer.. its like $50 from Walmart and its amazing!
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't get the whole juicer thing! Fruit tends to come in handy portions as it is and you get very little wastage.

Because I am terrible about eating fruit & especially veggies, and when I make smoothies, I actually am getting fruit & veg in my diet. Plus I am not a big fan of breakfast, so this works just fine instead.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I have a Jack LeLane and I love it - I don't juice my meals, but I do love fresh juice!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I have a Waring Pro juicer. Its been almost five years and it still works great.
  • FocusDanielson
    FocusDanielson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I bought a Breville BJE200XL a few years ago. I soon regretted it, not because it didn't do a great job extracting juice, but because I wanted a machine that I could grind up the entire fruit/vegetable. I think it's important to reap the fiber benefits. I now own a Ninja and it cuts through everything!
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I have/invested in a GreenStar - Expensive though - mine was $650
    But it has a 10 or 12 year warranty and has lasted many years without
    problem (knock on wood).
    I'm thinking, though, I would also like to invest in a vitamix blender -
    that way I'm including the entire veg or fruit within the mix.
  • Mof3wc
    Mof3wc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have a Breville "Juice Fountain Crush". It's amazing, and does a great job with greens which lots of juicers have a hard time with.
  • calliekitten9
    calliekitten9 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone…..I really appreciate your feedback. :)
  • retailerdepot
    Options
    The Nutribullet does a great job making smoothies out of your favorite fruit and veggies, plus it only takes 30 seconds to clean afterwards. Juicers leave too much waste of the foods you should be eating and are difficult to clean.