Human Dog Food

Options
I know it seems like an odd title but the theory makes a lot of sence. Why isn't there one food that is nutritionally balanced and fully assembled that we can eat 3 times a day and not have to worry about the carb-protein balance much like dog food that contains whole grains, protein and vegetables?

I know many of you enjoy being able to eat whatever you like as long as you count the calories but i myself thrive on consistency and I wonder if there is something even easier than a consistent daily diet of a protein shake, all bran, frozen veggies and tuna, almonds, brown rice, meatballs, frozen veggies and an apple.

Anyone develop some kind of miracle food bar lately? LOL , thanks for entertaining my crazy idea. :)

Replies

• CrimsonScotty
    CrimsonScotty Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    not a bad idea! Especially for days when there's not much time for meal preparation
  • epanozzo
    epanozzo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that there are some protein shakes around that are this.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I think your on to something, a few years from now they will probable have that, with a better name.
  • FitnessTim
    FitnessTim Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I had the same thought. I think the closest I've come to is Zone bars. I can go a whole day eating nothing but Zone bars and not have to worry about getting the right amount of nutrients.

Someone in that company must have figured that people were doing this so they added fiber to them.

Still, I think some company can do better and sell pre-made packages of breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. They could make them in sections so people can vary portions based on weight and fitness goals.

The more I think about it, the more this sounds like a great idea. You may be on to something.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support guys and suggestions I.e zone bars. I was so prepared to get flamed. I'll let you know if I figure something out. Better yet if I could charge 2 installments of $29.95, LOL!!!!
  • peales23
    Options
    Isn't that what Jenny Craig, and Nutrisystem do?
  • ecloum
    Options
    hahaaa!! That is soo weird you posted this!! I was seriously telling my boyfriend the same idea a couple weeks ago. When I saw this I had to read it. Too cool!! Well I'm happy that I am not the only one who thinks this!! Maybe we should create it!! ha, XD
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    SOYLENT GREEN!
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    Isn't that what Jenny Craig, and Nutrisystem do?

Nutrisystem especially is dehydrated food full of sodium and the diet requires you to suppliment with fresh produce and dairy. I believe JC is very similar.

Yea on the soylent green, I literally rotflmao with that reference ;)
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I know it seems like an odd title but the theory makes a lot of sence. Why isn't there one food that is nutritionally balanced and fully assembled that we can eat 3 times a day and not have to worry about the carb-protein balance much like dog food that contains whole grains, protein and vegetables?

I know many of you enjoy being able to eat whatever you like as long as you count the calories but i myself thrive on consistency and I wonder if there is something even easier than a consistent daily diet of a protein shake, all bran, frozen veggies and tuna, almonds, brown rice, meatballs, frozen veggies and an apple.

Anyone develop some kind of miracle food bar lately? LOL , thanks for entertaining my crazy idea. :)

OK-take everything you mentioned, throw it in a blender with a box of Knox gelatin, pour it in a pan and let it sit for, oooohhhh, I'd say 2 hours. Enjoy!
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    OK-take everything you mentioned, throw it in a blender with a box of Knox gelatin, pour it in a pan and let it sit for, oooohhhh, I'd say 2 hours. Enjoy!

Would sugar-free Jello do the same thing as knox? I see they both have protein so I don't see a nutritional difference just wondering if knox offered a better hold.
  • vonnegut2767
    Options
    if someone does come up with something like that, all I can say is........

"it better be kibbles, and it better be bits"
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options

Haaaa! That was my thought exactly! The first thing that popped into my head was, "Have you ever tasted dog food???" :sick:
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    While we are wishing for the impossible, we should just wish that we can eat whatever we want and be in perfect health and in perfect shape.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    life imitating sci-fi?? love the soylent green ref :smokin:
  • jbootman
    jbootman Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have often wished I had the food pills like they have on the Jetsons, simple, neat, uncomplicated,

what I did was to think seriously about my ideal daily menu, hard boiled eggs/ tuna/celery mix on rice cakes/fiber one cereal, foods I liked to eat, easy to make, inexpensive,

I went out a bit in my calendar and fussed with the serving sizes until I had a calorie level that worked, I checked all the nutrients, and then I eat the same thing each day, check my diary if you want,

here and there I can drop or add like when there is a special meal,

Dr. Oz recommends having the same thing for breakfast etc,

after reading The End of Overeating by Kessler I can see that reprogramming my brain is going to be central to winning the fat war, my cravings, my food addictions, my desire for enormous portions,

so until I have a Jetsons food machine I have found what seems to be a solution, good luck finding yours
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Some things take work and consistency.

Looking for a miracle pill or drug has never done any good for anyone except pharmaceutical companies.
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    what I did was to think seriously about my ideal daily menu, hard boiled eggs/ tuna/celery mix on rice cakes/fiber one cereal, foods I liked to eat, easy to make, inexpensive,

Oh I'm definitely a creature of habit and can eat the same thing daily (all-bran, tuna/frozen vegetables, fiber bar, chicken/vegetables and an apple) I decided to take this idea one step further...
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    Eureka, I’ve done it!

The only down side is that it really does resemble canned dog food, not very appetizing but it tastes like raspberry chocolate so that works.

I call it the Life Bar, All the nutritional requirements of life combine in one convenient bar*. TM patent pending ;)

Picture276.jpg

What you are looking at is 1/12 of the recipe, I cut up the recipe and placed it into 6 containers for Monday. *Each recipe makes 6 Life bars, a one-day supply. The recipe is a 40/30/30 balance of carbohydrates, fats and protein and contains 1200 calories, 131g carbohydrates, 40g fiber, 43g fats and 102g protein.

I’ll let you know if I survive until Tuesday, ha!
  • doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Eureka, I’ve done it!

The only down side is that it really does resemble canned dog food, not very appetizing but it tastes like raspberry chocolate so that works.

I call it the Life Bar, All the nutritional requirements of life combine in one convenient bar*. TM patent pending ;)

Picture276.jpg

What you are looking at is 1/12 of the recipe, I cut up the recipe and placed it into 6 containers for Monday. *Each recipe makes 6 Life bars, a one-day supply. The recipe is a 40/30/30 balance of carbohydrates, fats and protein and contains 1200 calories, 131g carbohydrates, 40g fiber, 43g fats and 102g protein.

I’ll let you know if I survive until Tuesday, ha!

WOAH so are you just gonna eat the one bar each day? i am excited to see how this turns out!