P90x3 Partner?

Options
Im looking for other people who are about to start p90x3 or have already(: I'll be starting next week and I could really use some motivational buddies!

Replies

• Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I did my first day (Total Synergistics) today and could always use someone to keep accountable with.

Mike
  • sweetpickles6
    sweetpickles6 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up my 2nd week of PX3 tomorrow. It's been great so far, but could always use some motivation!
  • Butrovich
    Options
    Completed the Warrior today. The workout incorporates a lot of cardio mixed with pushups and core work. I always love pushups, so that was a bonus for me, even if I am still a little sore from the Challenge workout. The cardio portion involved a lot of leg work, which I had to ease into since my hamstrings are still a little sore from Agility X. I don’t know why this is so, but my hamstrings take forEVER to heal! Maybe I need to use the foam roller more often or immediately after a leg workout. Either way, my hamstrings are my slowest muscles to heal.

Mike
  • coachrussd
    Options
    Hey, I am actually Sweetpickles6's husband. I am doing P90X3 with her. Figured I would join the party!

https://www.facebook.com/coachrussd
  • Butrovich
    Options
    New Year's Eve

Finished Week 2 Agility X. The time went by more quickly this time and I was able to do most moves. I will say "most" since there were a couple when I had to stop with 5 or 10 seconds left. My heartrate got up to the 180s and I burned 550 calories this time. Not bad at all.

Menu is on track and I don't plan to have more than a glass of champagne tonight, if at all.

Dec31.jpg

I'm still researching the FitBit thing. The military BX has the Flex (tax free) but not the Force. I am trying to decide if it is worth the extra money to get the top line model or not. Ugh, First World Problems!

Hope everyone has a safe and fun New Year's Eve.

Mike
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday. Doing P90X3 and Focus T25 at the same time (now that both programs are only 30 minutes I might as well do both!)

Love it so far. I always liked P90X but thought they could be much more streamlined- and P90X3 is exactly that! Less warm-up, less Tony talking, same amount of work!
  • azbutterfly1324
    azbutterfly1324 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are on day one week 3 of p90x3 Lean schedule. Today's workout was Accelerator and I found it a little bit easier than the past 2 weeks. I was able to finish most exercises to the end. I LOVE this workout series. We are p90x grads and I much prefer p90x 3. I burn just as many (or more) calories during the 30 minutes than most of the 60-90 minutes p90x workouts.

I also have the FitBit Force. My friend has the Flex and I can't find anything mine does that his doesn't. It's helpful, but not as much as I anticipated. I may return it.

Now I just have to get my nutrition on track!!!
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up my 2nd week of PX3 tomorrow. It's been great so far, but could always use some motivation!
    Hey, I am actually Sweetpickles6's husband. I am doing P90X3 with her. Figured I would join the party!

https://www.facebook.com/coachrussd

I'm a little confused... if you're her husband, and a beachbody coach, why does she need more motivation?

Kudos to you for stating you're a beachbody coach right up front, though.... :smile:
  • Butrovich
    Options
    My husband and I are on day one week 3 of p90x3 Lean schedule. Today's workout was Accelerator and I found it a little bit easier than the past 2 weeks. I was able to finish most exercises to the end. I LOVE this workout series. We are p90x grads and I much prefer p90x 3. I burn just as many (or more) calories during the 30 minutes than most of the 60-90 minutes p90x workouts.

I also have the FitBit Force. My friend has the Flex and I can't find anything mine does that his doesn't. It's helpful, but not as much as I anticipated. I may return it.

Loved P90X and completed that twice. Completed Insanity in the summer when I wanted to lower body fat, but I was not happy with the results. Now I am mixing P90X3 with half marathon training and hitting both hard.

I wanted to ask if the Force measures elevation/steps up stairs while the Flex does not. Otherwise the display is the only difference I see. I guess from what you say it is not worth the price difference?

Mike
  • Brady_
    Brady_ Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm starting X3 next week! Add me toooo! :) I can't wait!
  • azbutterfly1324
    azbutterfly1324 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

Loved P90X and completed that twice. Completed Insanity in the summer when I wanted to lower body fat, but I was not happy with the results. Now I am mixing P90X3 with half marathon training and hitting both hard.

I wanted to ask if the Force measures elevation/steps up stairs while the Flex does not. Otherwise the display is the only difference I see. I guess from what you say it is not worth the price difference?

Mike

Actually, the one thing I've noticed that it DOESN'T measure accurately is the elevation/steps. It's always way off. I climb steps many times each day at work and it always says like '2'. Everything else seems right on.....I know my friend who has the Flex is really happy with it.
    Hubby and I are also running along with p90x3, but a marathon is probably far in the future for us!! We started Insanity, but the super high impact was too much so we stopped. I just got T25 and may do that after p90x3 if we get bored with it.
  • Butrovich
    Options

Actually, the one thing I've noticed that it DOESN'T measure accurately is the elevation/steps. It's always way off. I climb steps many times each day at work and it always says like '2'. Everything else seems right on.....I know my friend who has the Flex is really happy with it.
    Hubby and I are also running along with p90x3, but a marathon is probably far in the future for us!! We started Insanity, but the super high impact was too much so we stopped. I just got T25 and may do that after p90x3 if we get bored with it.

Thanks for the FitBit info. And as far as running goes, if you can run 3 miles, you can do a half marathon in 4 months. Personally, 13 miles is a perfect distance for me. Not too long, yet challenging enough.

First workout of 2014. Week 2 The Challenge combined with P90X's Ab Ripper. Got my heart rate up to 141bpm and burned 580 calories total. This time I knew ahead of time how to choose my pushup/pullup numbers without killing myself, so I chose to do 20/6. This was manageable up until the end when I had to do pullup negatives (using a stool to get chin above bar, then slowly lowering myself). Pushups were not as difficult, although that last batch I had to do pushups from my knees.

Keep bringing it!

Mike
  • steveinct
    steveinct Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am contemplating p90x3 for a spring time cut. How are the results so far after 2 weeks? Is anyone seeing results? Also, for the guys, do you feel like you will lose muscle size with this routine?
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    So far, I've completed CVX and The Warrior.......both are pretty awesome workouts.
    Since both Tony Horton and Shaun T are going to the concentrated workout format (i.e., 30 minutes), I'm finding it hard to compare or contrast.

Tony still seems to be the slower and more methodical variety, while Shaun T is of the get moving, no breaks variety.
    I find the same contrast in the P90X and Insanity.......slow and steady vs. balls to the wall.

I love them both, but T25 has a microscopic edge of P90X3.......so far. I've only done 2 P90X3 workouts, so there's still time to win me over.
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    My husband and I ordered P90X3 last week, so we are hoping to start soon. We already have the original, but with our work/school schedule we decided to try the shorter version. I'm looking forward to it-- feel free to add me if you want!! :)
  • MustangSally74
    MustangSally74 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    BF and I are getting ready to start P90X3, Can't wait to get back into it again. Love the Tony Horton!
    FitBit was also mentioned on here and I have the FitBit One and absolutely love it!! I highly recommend it. BF has the Ultra and has intermittent issues with his.
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I try to be as active as I can. I have been "testing" a few of them out, but officially start tomorrow with a Body Beast Hybrid/Double schedule!
  • Butrovich
    Options
    I am contemplating p90x3 for a spring time cut. How are the results so far after 2 weeks? Is anyone seeing results? Also, for the guys, do you feel like you will lose muscle size with this routine?

Only a couple pounds in the first two weeks, so nothing too dramatic. I think two weeks is a bit soon to tell for sure. I've completed P90X and Insanity, and there are definitely some similarities between the two. Total Synergistics and the Challenge are both heavy with weight training, so I would not say there is any loss in muscle size if you do it correctly. Plus I have not done the Eccentric Upper/Lower workouts yet, which I think are also heavy into weight training. Of the DVDs I have done so far I have yet to find anything about P90X3 that I dislike and would say it has been worth it.

Mike
  • Butrovich
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I try to be as active as I can. I have been "testing" a few of them out, but officially start tomorrow with a Body Beast Hybrid/Double schedule!

I would love to hear your opinion on Body Beast. The only person I have asked so far said he simply gained weight (and fat) and was not happy with it, but I am looking around for other folks who have tried it.

Mike
  • EisAsh86
    Options
    I just started P90X3 this week, and I was curious to see how anyone is logging it under exercise? I searched for "P90X3" but found nothing... does anyone have any hints or suggestions?? Please help!!! Thank you for your time!!! And to anyone who would like a buddy for this, feel free to add me!! I'm currently following the Lean schedule :)