Options
2»

Replies

• Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    What wrong with Diet cola ?

Everything. It is poison.

Please send all of the diet cola you currently have to me for proper disposal. Especially if it's Diet Pepsi.
    In for helpfully disposing of teh toxinz as a public service. I'll take the Diet Coke.

We will contain this public health hazard. Totes contain it.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    You can use coke to clean your battery. Why would you drink this?

You can use water to create the Grand Canyon. Why would you drink this?

Truth. Water kills. Just say no.
  • CharisSunny
    CharisSunny Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    It's my almost guilt -free crack addiction.
    I shall have one a week for the foreseeable future.
  • loricshields47
    loricshields47 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I agree its all about the quantity you consume. I drink very little of it myself, I prefer water. This is a link to the possible effects of diet soda and other artificially sweetend things.

http://rhondagessner.wordpress.com/2013/09/02/a-killer-in-your-fridge-sweet-poison-a-must-read/

FYI the author of the article you cite is promoting a network marketing business selling Kangen Water®
    Link can be found on the right hand side of the page cited above. Most of the videos on her "Be Wealthy" page are MLM speakers. Of course she will say aspartame is bad. She wants to sell you water and hopes you will sign up to sell it as well!

The formaldehyde comment is nothing more than fear mongering. Low levels of formaldehyde occur naturally in a variety of foods, such as fruits. Numerous studies have been conducted on the issue and aspartame has been proven safe for levels of consumption far greater than most of us drink.

"A 12 US fluid ounce (355 ml) can of diet soda contains 180 milligrams (0.0063 oz) of aspartame, and for a 75 kg (165 lb) adult, it takes approximately 21 cans of diet soda daily to consume the 3,750 milligrams (0.132 oz) of aspartame that would surpass the FDA's 50 milligrams per kilogram of body weight ADI of aspartame from diet soda alone"
    http://web.archive.org/web/20090212130028/http://cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/AspartameQandA

"The acceptable daily intake (ADI) value for aspartame, as well as other food additives studied, is defined as the "amount of a food additive, expressed on a body weight basis, that can be ingested daily over a lifetime without appreciable health risk."
    http://www.inchem.org/documents/ehc/ehc/ehc70.htm

Not farmilliar with the articles origins (from an unkown to me blog). No idea what she sells. I get my water from the tap lol. I just thought the story may have been of interest to someone with cocerns over diet sodas. It was sent to my husband by a well meaning relative.
    Your ensuing information was both insightfull and appreciated.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Calling it pop makes me angry.

It's soda, dammit.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options

It's soda, dammit.
    Incorrect. :angry: It's coke. And then you specify what kind: Coke Zero, Diet Dr. Pepper, Sprite, whatever.
  • MelissaAnn1983
    MelissaAnn1983 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My dentist says it is healthier to leave it behind. But they have also said drink it through a straw. He said do not brush right after and to rinse with water after you drink it. I have searched and searched for studies stating it is bad for you. I can't find them. So I will continue to save my calories for eating.
  • MelissaAnn1983
    MelissaAnn1983 Posts: 149 Member
    Options

It's soda, dammit.
    Incorrect. :angry: It's coke. And then you specify what kind: Coke Zero, Diet Dr. Pepper, Sprite, whatever.

Yes! lol
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options

Please send all of the diet cola you currently have to me for proper disposal. Especially if it's Diet Pepsi.
    In for helpfully disposing of teh toxinz as a public service. I'll take the Diet Coke.
    there was a time I'd order beer if only diet coke was available. at any time of the day! I can now tolerate it..
    I had to acquire the taste myself. But I'll order iced tea in a Pepsi shop... Or smuggle in my own Diet Coke. :devil:
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options

It's soda, dammit.

Oh, so sorry, I wouldn't want to make you very angry.you might disintegrate me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlVoD17y5y4
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I love my diet cherry Dr Pepper ♥
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

It's soda, dammit.

Yes! This is so difficult to explain to people. People keep think I'm making it up. "But you can't call 7-Up Coke!"
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options

And I'll take any Diet Root Beer off your hands.