Jillian Michaels Successes? Yes or No?

Options
I just recently acquired an Xbox one...while playing with it, I noticed there is a fitness app via the upgraded Kinect that allows you to watch work out videos and it will tell you if you are using the proper form, doing the moves correctly, etc.

I usually don't like fitness movies because I have the need to change up my workouts, but this is something I think I could like.

There are SO many Jillian Michaels options on there.

Has anyone had any success with Jillian Michaels DVDs that they can share?

I plan on doing the 30 day shred for the month of January. Feel free to add me.

Replies

• joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I love and hate jillian michaels in equal measure. I have all of her DVDs that are available in the UK. She likes to talk and at times this annoys me I love to shout at the screen to shut up, it makes me feel better. I am currently doing body revolution and love it. However I also do other things I run and do the stronglifts programme. I have noticed massive changes in my body. I liked 30 day shred but my niece borrowed it and didn't return it so I have just bought it again. I also like bob harper. Both of them are challenging but really work. Good luck, add me if you want to.
  • meggypooh
    meggypooh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I had great success with the 30 Day Shred! I just restarted it and am on day 5 of Level 1, so we will see how another round works for me!
  • kromanich
    kromanich Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love JM it's quick and easy works up a great sweat. I roate between a lot of her video's so I dont get bored!
  • gkauf744
    gkauf744 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels kicks my *kitten*. I haven't done one of her workouts for more than a year. I'm working back up to it, and maybe in a couple of weeks or so, I might try something. The longer her workouts are, the easier they are. The short ones are the killers. I just don't think I can handle jacks straight into mountain climbers straight into burpees at the moment. LOL!
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred really kick started my at-home workouts. I was really successful with it, but I quickly got bored with just 3 different workouts to choose from.
  • benniesmother
    benniesmother Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I did two rounds of 30 Day Shred, and I had pretty awesome results. I find Jillian very annoying, and it becomes quite tedious to listen to her, but I ALWAYS found myself thanking her mentally when looking at the mirror after :) I lost lb and inches from the 30 Day Shred. I'm now working on Ripped in 30, which I can say kicks my butt equally. I also got 6 Week 6 Pack, but I haven't opened it yet :) .. am curious to hear if anyone has tried/liked it.
  • _zombiegirl_
    _zombiegirl_ Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I lost my initial 30 pounds doing the 30-Day Shred. I did it for a loooong time. lol I'm now doing the Ripped in 30 DVD, I like it better than the 30DS. Each workout is slightly longer and more difficult. Good luck, whatever you decide on!

Feel free to add me, too :)
  • _Giselle_
    Options
    Love her stuff! I travel 200 days out of the year for work and I can do her videos and DVDs in my hotel room when there is no hotel gym. As for results I do a lot of other things as well, so my results will be from a mix of things, but I would recommend giving her workouts a go for sure!
  • howardge
    howardge Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I really wanted to like Jillian Michaels. I'm a Ph.D. student and don't have a lot of time to dedicate to working out (plus, when I tried them it was winter and I couldn't afford a gym membership). I think my arms and shoulders got stronger, I gained some endurance, and lost some weight, BUT I also really really screwed up my knees.

I did my best to maintain good form with my legs, but after a few days of level 2 30DS, I got sharp pain in my knees, and I've been working for almost a year to heal them. I couldn't bend them beyond 90 degrees without excruciating pain. It really interrupted my life.

I'm a young woman (25), never been overweight, and have generally had a pretty active life. I never had any knee trouble before Jillian Michaels! Be careful! Her workouts really work for some people, but I've read about lots of other people developing knee problems from using her DVDs.
  • melissagreene180
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred everyone? i'm new here. Thank you
  • holagatita
    holagatita Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I have nothing but great things to say about her! I had a baby 8 months ago and made almost no change to my diet but have lost 80lbs. 32 from the baby and the rest was extra weight! I did the 30 day shred 3xs a week and went to the gym for 30min 2xs a week. I didn't do it in 30 days though, I spaced it out more. I did a month on each level. Once I got to the 4th month I started the program again. I have just started doing another one of her dvds. This one is the metabolism boost. It is 50min instead of 20. I have reached my goal but maybe I can lose another 10lbs. we will see. Good luck!
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I'm just finishing up the 30DS level one and tried one workout of level two. I find level two alot harder and did some of the moves in the easier form. There are some jumps in there, that could cause some knee problems if not done in good form, so I'm easing into them.

I liked level one and want to do the whole month. But I will listen to my body and decide.

Today I did my first session of P90x Ripped Abs. That's a 3x weekly /15min abs / core workout. I was sweating afterwards.... And I do wonder, what my core will feel like tomorrow ;-)

I wasn't into working out at home with videos, but these short workouts with a mix of strength, cardio and core have kept me active during the darker, colder season. So I think they will get a place in my exercise plan....

You can get all kinds of other videos on youtube for free. I think, there is something for everyone ;-)
  • VeganFlamingo
    Options
    I have completed the 30 Day Shred before (and I'm actually doing it again right now) and I got pretty good results. I completed it in about 2 months instead of 1 because I took days off but in that 2 months I lost about 9 lbs and saw good improvement in the mirror. It's my go to workout when I need to get my fitness started again.
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I owe most of my weight loss success to Jillian and the Body revolution. Take a look at my photos on my page. I did two rounds of JMBR and one round of insanity. Then I did my own thing for a while and now I am doing a short version of JMBR again with T25. I loved the program!
    It made it easy not to get bored since the videos change every two weeks so you only do the same workout 4 times and then you never have to see it again! It also starts off easier and progresses each week which makes it great for beginners and she adds modifiers in to make it harder so even after repeating the program a few times....I just did video 1 last night with heavy weights and I am hurting today lol
  • ZombieBubbles
    ZombieBubbles Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I had awesome results the first time I did 30DS. I went from 150lbs-138lbs. Then I started her 30 day extreme shed and shred. I fell off the wagon though and gained some of my weight back . I just started doing another round of it yesterday. Definitely give it a try. I have before and after pics if you want to look.
  • taranhill
    Options
    I haven't really lost any weight by doing her DVDs, but I can definitely tell I have toned up. So far, I've done 30 Day Shred and 6 Week Six Pack. I'm currently doing Ripped in 30 and 6 Week Six pack together. Can't wait to see the results! Her workouts can be pretty tough! I think you'll like the results if you stick with her! :)
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I really wanted to like Jillian Michaels. I'm a Ph.D. student and don't have a lot of time to dedicate to working out (plus, when I tried them it was winter and I couldn't afford a gym membership). I think my arms and shoulders got stronger, I gained some endurance, and lost some weight, BUT I also really really screwed up my knees.

I did my best to maintain good form with my legs, but after a few days of level 2 30DS, I got sharp pain in my knees, and I've been working for almost a year to heal them. I couldn't bend them beyond 90 degrees without excruciating pain. It really interrupted my life.

I'm a young woman (25), never been overweight, and have generally had a pretty active life. I never had any knee trouble before Jillian Michaels! Be careful! Her workouts really work for some people, but I've read about lots of other people developing knee problems from using her DVDs.

I finished the 30 days because I had set out to, but wow, my knees hurt SO much. I think I am recovered now a bit over a month later. I started out relatively fit and even found level 1 to be a bit easy. But the moves just didn't work for me. I think it was all of the cardio jumping plus lunges. But I did get stronger, and I can plank 2+ minutes now.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I started with the 30DS, mostly because it was 20 minutes that I could slot into the day and have no excuses not to do.

Then I moved onto Rippedin30.

They are a great way to get started with the whole exercising thing again, but I got a little bored after a while LOL I like strength moves more than cardio, so I've moved onto weights etc now. But my 10yo DD likes 30DS, so we do it together sometimes :smile:
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Bump b/c I just borrowed "Wii Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010" from friends. It says you can "choose between 3 different work out outfits for Jillian."
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I hate her. I hate her so much. BUT I really do like 30 day shred. I just made my own soundtrack to play with the dvd on mute once I watched each section because I couldn't stand to hear her ramble. The thing I liked about it is you can make it harder or easier depending on where you are at physically. Just don't follow the girl doing the "harder" stuff, if you pay attention you'll see her standing still/slacking off when the camera isn't totally focused on her.