First 40 Pounds! With Pics.

Options
Hey all! I still have 60 pounds to go, so I don't feel like this is quite a success story yet. However, I think it can provide motivation and support.

I started on August 26th, 2013, but I don't have any pictures at my heaviest. The pic on the left is about a month in, and ten pounds down. The one on the right is from today. So I guess there's only a 30 pound difference between the pictures, but it's the best I've got.

I started out at 240 pounds, and today am at 202. Ok, maybe I've only lost 38 pounds, but I'm rounding.

Anyway, just following MFP's calorie guidelines for myself, combined with exercise. I do eat my exercise calories back. I try to keep an eye on my macro ratios and other nutrients, but it's second to just hitting my calorie goal.

Since I started running, I have taken more than 5 minutes off my mile time. I have run (run/walked) a 5k, and I recently ran a mile without stopping for the first time in my entire life. Before, I could run maybe 1/8 mile. I'm learning there's a lot more to it than just trying to look good. I'm amazed at how good I feel, and can't wait to see how I look and feel at the end of my 100 pounds.

Happy New Year!

weightloss1.jpg

Replies

• AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    good job , 40 pounds is a great motivator !
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Wow! Really awesome work! How'd your waist do that so fast, lol? You look great!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Wait a minute….38 lbs down, tiny waist, and you got to keep your boobs? Are you a unicorn? :huh:

Seriously, great job! :drinker:
  • adgeman
    adgeman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Nice Tardis :)
  • GINAvsGINA
    GINAvsGINA Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Awesome job lady!!!
  • alexandriax03
    alexandriax03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the awesome work!
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations to you and love your waistline. Happy New year!
  • Jericha1992
    Jericha1992 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wait a minute….38 lbs down, tiny waist, and you got to keep your boobs? Are you a unicorn? :huh:

Seriously, great job! :drinker:

Haha... if it makes you feel any better, they're actually pretty deflated. I just have some REALLY awesome bras to keep them up lol.

We'll see how my boobs fare after another 60 pounds lol.

I've been overweight for my entire life (long before puberty), so I have no idea how my body will proportion itself lol. So far, so good though!

:D
  • Jericha1992
    Jericha1992 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Nice Tardis :)

I need to get a skinnier pic with the TARDIS. On one hand, I don't want to display the picture everywhere because I was so heavy. On the other hand, it's a TARDIS. Weight loss problems lol.
  • MeredithDeVoe
    Options
    Super job, keep going!!
  • BabyPhat90713
    BabyPhat90713 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Great job girl. You look great
  • LifeJacketWaterJogger
    Options
    GREAT JOB!
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    AtLeastOnceMore Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I've got almost twice as much again to lose as you do, so seeing success stories like this are a huge inspiration for me! You seem like you have a real handle on this thing, so I'm certain that you'll be back with your 80lb then 100lb celebrations this year!! =)
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Congrats on the weight loss so far. :flowerforyou:
  • tropicaltiger
    Options
    wtg-congratulations-you look great-I lost 94 pounds 5 years ago and have kept it off-keep it up- you look so different since you lost 38 pounds-I wish you the best of luck:)
  • Bellamia4910
    Options
    Wow! Way to go girl! Keep up the good work! :happy: