married
    7 year old daughter, 12 year old stepson
    stay at home mom
    ive lost 50 pounds
    got 6 more to go to goal weight then work on maintaining an d toning
  • debteel
    debteel Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Bonnie. My name is Debbie and I am 52. I want to lose weight to be a healthier me. My goal is 60 lbs. My goal has been that for 3 years. I have lost 40 lbs already, but I seem to be stuck here, but I am NOT giving up.
  • choaks
    choaks Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I just turned 38. Not so much to lose too much weight. 10lbs maybe but looking to lose 10% body fat and inches. Started MFP a while ago but have done nothing. Starting fresh now and am too looking for same age group to share the journey. Pls add me too. Thanks!
    Height: 5'9
    Weight: 156
    Measurements: 34-31-39
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I am 35 years old and I have lost 79.2 pounds and have 3.8 pounds to go. I lost it all in9 months. Feel free to add me.
  • kimmiek37
    Options
    Hi I'm Kim I just turned 37 and have about 90lbs to lose. I just started the other day.
  • FashionableZoe
    Options
    I am 35 years old and used to be on the site--- goal is to lose 15-20 more pounds. Feel free to add me

(I hate to run and I have two little ones at home (4years of age and 2 years of age)---can't really get to the gym due to my work schedule. So I have decided to get on the treadmill at least 4 out of 7 days for at least 30 minutes. So far I started back up three days ago and have made it each day. Would like to reach my goal by June.
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm 40, 165 lbs, 5'7", & looking to lose another 35. I was doing really good until the goodie monster came & attacked my kitchen!! SMH!!! We can do this, right!? (deep breath...)

Add me if you'd like. :)
  • skinny_baby
    skinny_baby Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am your age. Would love to be your friend. I joined MFP 16 months ago. Lost 46 pounds. Gained back 20. Now wishing to lose 24 pounds in the next 3 months. Will love your support and will support you.
  • glendathurmond
    glendathurmond Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, Add three pounds and quite a few more years and we are in the same boat. I am getting started once again but feel certain this time is the charm. I'll be more than happy to add my support to your effort.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Bonnie. 38 yrs old, 5'7'', 180 lbs trying to lose 30 lbs. I'd like to get to know other women in my age range and older especially because I know that the 38 yr old me is very different than the 25 yr old me especially when it comes to weight loss. Things moved quicker back then. LOL So please feel free to add me as a friend and we can share stories and motivation! :)

Hey there. I just wanted to throw in there that I've found losing weight in my early 40's much easier than I did in my 20's. What I have now that I didn't have then is quite simply knowledge of how to truly get fit. I've gone through my rounds of quick fixes that don't pan out. For the first time in my adult life, I have found success in not only losing weight, but also being truly fit. There is simply nothing that I could do then that I can't do now, and much that I can do now that were a pipe dream then (trail running, lifting heavy, backpacking, name it). Don't get in the mind frame that it's more difficult now than it was in your 20's, because it's not. At any age, it takes work and dedication, and patience as your fitness progresses.

Don't sell your 38 year old self short like that.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm 35. I'll be 36 in a couple months. Just saying hello to all the over 35 ladies!! :flowerforyou:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I'm also 38 although I don't feel any different to how I did in my 20s. In fact mentally I think I'm still about twenty something. I think I finally left my teens (mentally) fairly recently
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Bonnie. 38 yrs old, 5'7'', 180 lbs trying to lose 30 lbs. I'd like to get to know other women in my age range and older especially because I know that the 38 yr old me is very different than the 25 yr old me especially when it comes to weight loss. Things moved quicker back then. LOL So please feel free to add me as a friend and we can share stories and motivation! :)

Hey there. I just wanted to throw in there that I've found losing weight in my early 40's much easier than I did in my 20's. What I have now that I didn't have then is quite simply knowledge of how to truly get fit. I've gone through my rounds of quick fixes that don't pan out. For the first time in my adult life, I have found success in not only losing weight, but also being truly fit. There is simply nothing that I could do then that I can't do now, and much that I can do now that were a pipe dream then (trail running, lifting heavy, backpacking, name it). Don't get in the mind frame that it's more difficult now than it was in your 20's, because it's not. At any age, it takes work and dedication, and patience as your fitness progresses.

^^^ this, although I hate running (always have) so no trail running for me... I would do trail skating if there was such a thing though....
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm also 38 although I don't feel any different to how I did in my 20s. In fact mentally I think I'm still about twenty something. I think I finally left my teens (mentally) fairly recently

I still feel like I'm in my 20's also. And I wonder if that ever changes, or will I always feel that way.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

^^^ this, although I hate running (always have) so no trail running for me... I would do trail skating if there was such a thing though....

Hmm, I don't know if there is trail skating, but there is totally trail unicycling, so maybe?
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I am 38, 5'4" and started Feb 2012 as 95kg and hit my GW of 65kg in Sept 2012. I have a 20yo son who is now larger than me in size despite him being super skinny. I have been married for 17 years. I live in Melbourne, Australia. I love to run, Zumba...basically anything. I ADORE my Fitbit One & would not know what to do without it. I walk a huge amount of steps per day. I work in a bakery & I do 4:3 way of eating.
  • Joj43
    Joj43 Posts: 54
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm 45 but definitely don't feel it! Have lost 16kgs to date and would like to get rid of some more, but taking it one step at a time. I love working-out, lift heavy and box hard! I try to follow a Paleo/low carb lifestyle but have my weak moments. I live in Australia, married with two teenage sons. Would love some more friends to keep me accountable. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • LaBelleGigi
    Options
    Hi, everyone. I'm Giselle, turning 41 in March, aaaaaaaaand I could stand to lose the equivalent to a whole person.

I'm unhappy with myself, since I broke my personal do-not-cross weight line. Aside from all the health problems the excess weight brings, I want to get the gut overhang out of the way, and increase my range of motion by eliminating the surplus volume.

Screw it, I just want to feel like hot stuff again.

I joined MFP at the recommendation of my friend Jaymi, who's been here a while now. Hopefully I'll make new friends here, too!
  • gonnapop
    Options
    Hi Ladies

I will be 41 on Jan 3rd. English, live in Turkey. 2 kids (4 and 6). Am 97kgs. Last year I got down to 87kgs at the lowest and felt really good, happy, sexy and healthy but now I look full on pregnant and sick of people asking me if I am. I have a goal of 4 kilos by 26th Jan (goin home for 10 days then). I'm a teacher and a wife and mum and a woman:) Really looking forward to getting to know some of you. Happy new year!
  • karlotta154
    karlotta154 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I'm 36 and have lost 56lbs over the last 6 months and am hoping to lose say another 20lbs this year. Please feel free to add me!