Zumba

Options
Does anyone have a clue on how to count Zumba? I checked under cardio and put in Zumba and nothing came up. The class is an hour long.

Thanks for your help!

Replies

• wmb0124
    wmb0124 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I always just put dancing. Zumba, they say, burns about 500-700 calories on average for an hour class. So if MFP doesn't give you that many calories burned, I would adjust it.
  • I use Aerobics, High Impact because Zumba is at a constant fast pace.
  • Teri716
    Teri716 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I put in dancing as well. If you are new to Zumba I think the calorie burn it gives you is probably close. If you are a Zumba Master, you'll need to adjust. (Dancing Aerobic is what I use and an hour is 360).
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I take a 55 minute Zumba class and my heart rate monitor says that I burn about 340-380 calories. I guess it depends on how full out you do it and your stats.

I used to put it under dancing but added my own Zumba exercise.
  • CHOCOLATEGIRLTX
    Options
    I ASKED AN INSTRUCTOR AND SHE SAID ABOUT 500 CALORIES...SO I FIGURE THAT SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT...AFTER ALL THAT DANCING!!! LOL
  • fitfusion3
    Options
    Yeah just put dancing! it's pretty much what you are doing the whole time. I love zumba its such a great work out
  • khollyk
    khollyk Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I went to my first class last night. I wore my HRM and started right when we began and ended right after the cooldown. Burned 444 calories. (I'm 5'4", 147 lbs.)