Looking for Accountability Partners

Options
Hello everyone. I'm new to this site and have been looking around for about a week now. I've used other sites like this in the past but never stuck to it. I am trying to turn my health around in 2014, probably like many of you. I am looking for a few accountability partners, someone that is going to stay active on this site and is really serious about getting healthy. I'm looking for someone that has close to the same goals as mine, I know, I know, everyone is different, but if we have the same sort of goals perhaps we would be more supportive of each other. I just turned 40 on Christmas Eve, I'm 4' 10.5 and my starting weight is 171.5. My ultimate goal weight is 112, though I have many smaller goals in mind to keep me motivated along the way. I'm not looking to lose this weight overnight, I've been around the dieting block enough to know this is not a realistic goal. Believe me, I've lost 100's of pounds, I just seem to find where I lost them eventually and this time, I would like to bury them for good. If anyone is interested, add me as a friend.

Thanks for reading :)

Replies

• beehann22
    Options
    Hi I just joined this site after reading your post. I've also been looking for an accountability partner. We don't have weight loss as a similar goal(I only want to lose the 8 pounds I have gained in a few months since I moved to America). My main goal is breaking sugar addiction- I've been trying for 2 years now. I'm also gonna sticking to my exercise routine and ultimately enjoy LONG TERM health and happiness. Would love to have someone to share the journey. The new year starts tomorrow and I will calmly slip into my new lifestyle. Let me know if you want to keep in touch and all the best with your efforts.
  • grneyes0908
    Options
    I have been on the site for awhile but time got away from me and I got busy with family. BUT a recent blood workout showed I was prediabetic .... so here I am. I have been using this site since the 21st and following my diet and I have lost 7.2 pounds. I am currently 5'5 and I was 205.6--- now I am 198.4. I do take thyroid meds as it went bye-bye......LOL. I am suppose to get down to 135... I am not sure if I ant to be that low. I am afraid to look sickly.

I made myself a goal ( small one) its a 30/30.... 30 days in the gym for at least 30 minutes and following the diet to a t for 30 days. ( Of course once the 30 is up then I will continue for my next big goal
    I want to train for a 5K race.

Shoot me a message if you want someone to chat with along the way.
  • luvnevrfails
    luvnevrfails Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I am in need of accountability partners to help me along my weight lost journey. Please send me some friend request and I will be sure to encourage and come along side of you so we can reach our goals together. Happy New Year!!!
  • smkean
    smkean Posts: 132
    Options
    Hey, I'm looking for new people too! Second time on here and ready to finish what I started!
    Add me please :)
  • ahzahsmom
    Options
    Hello, I've just started and am looking for partners as well. I am 4 feet 10 inches tall, and weight 150.2 pounds. I want to lose at least 20 pounds. I am like you I don't expect it to be a fast loss, I just want someone that has similar goals, so that we can be helpful to each other. I want to help celebrate your goals, and be there to give you encouragement. Let me know if you are interested.:bigsmile:
  • girlonfire2913
    Options
    looking for more accountability partners too! i got back on mfp during my pregnancy and my family was already reaching their goals on here. they helped me tweak my diet and helped get me ready for my postpartum weight loss journey.so during pregnancy i got on to begin healthier eating i learned how to watch my nutritional facts and eat cleaner while pregnant i was determined to get healthy after baby was born.. my little girl was born aug 29th 2013 and as of today i lost 40lbs so far...i have about 60lbs to go to reach my goal
  • angelycar
    angelycar Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi I want to be an accountability patner to anyone interested,I think the accountability thing works and my new years resolution is to take losing weight seriously and celebrate same time next year
  • juliasmith14
    juliasmith14 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    add me I really do need to do this :smile:
  • mzfiyaa
    mzfiyaa Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    hi welcome
  • peacemewell
    Options
    I need to lose 15 lbs. and I would like to start by detoxing for 7 days then transition into a better eating plan. I'm not looking to lose weight fast but the detox will help me clean my system from all the bad eating I've done over the past 6 months. I also want a partner to ensure I work out daily. Please contact me if interested.
  • alwayshopes2013
    alwayshopes2013 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am also looking for an accountability partner-- have you ladies partnered up? I am 5'8 and looking to lose quite a bit as well.
  • rya4eva
    rya4eva Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just posted how I am in need of the same thing! I will do really good on my own for about two weeks and then fall off. Please anyone who is looking for an accountability partner feel free to add me
  • rya4eva
    rya4eva Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am the same height! I want to drop 60lbs
  • alwayshopes2013
    alwayshopes2013 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So, how does this work?
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I am sending you a friend request your way. I have lost 134 pounds & this was done due to the support that I got on this site from my mfp friends! I think together we can make this happen for you too!
  • bonestm
    bonestm Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Me Too! Accountability.. I know a lot of us need a bit more of this... Feel free to add me.
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!

I am looking for people to keep me motivated. I have 20 pounds to lose and want to do it the healthy way. I have a bunch of great support here. Daily log in and open dairy...feel free to add me
  • susanaemendez
    susanaemendez Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend. I've been going strong since January 1 and always happy to meet new friends to keep me motivated!
  • khernan4
    Options
    Hey Ruth, Looks like you're off to a great start!
    I'll check in during the week! Weekends are more hectic!
    I'm trying low glycemic index foods, walking, and MyfitnessPal.
    I need to lose weight and maybe get off my blood pressure meds.
    I need accountability too! Kelly
  • Ibun
    Ibun Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello! I weigh 207lbs(94kg) at 5'7" ! I need to lose at least 40lbs. Would be glad to have friends I could do it with.