Exercises to do at home

Options
I need some help, I can't afford to join a gym or do exercise classes. BUT I do want to lose weight! Can anyone recommend effective exercises or even an exercise programme I could follow? I have about 5 stone to lose.

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/workouts/

Start small and build your strength. You can throw in some sort of cardio you enjoy (walking is always good). I started with this program about 18 months ago and built up to lifting heavy. You will never regret making your body as strong as it can be.
  • spookyjo
    spookyjo Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Google "Fitness Blender" lots of workouts for free.

:-)
  • creativev7
    creativev7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I dont go to the gym and have found loads of free exercises to download off YouTube, Jessica Smith, Leslie Sansone, FitnessBlender and the BeFit channel are just a few of my favourites.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Just always remember that weight loss happens in the Kitchen and fitness happens with exercise. Plus you can never out exercise a bad diet. Good luck to you.
  • GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Buy a skipping rope.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    No-one needs a gym to be the best physical health and wellbeing they can be. Exercising at home or outside is not second best; its an alternative and most times, a liberating experience.

Have a look at the links given by posters above and also:

You Are Your Own Gym
    Body By Me
    Convict Conditioning (an acquired taste in atmosphere, but still a good training manual and read)

- and just simply walk whenever you can

- and overweight people can do yoga - I do! (20lbs to go to first target weight).

- Happy New Year, happy new you.
  • coral_b
    coral_b Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    C25k app is amazing for beginner fitness. It's a free app and you get to go outside rather than being stuck indoors. It really worked for me!
    Also as said before FitnessBlender, or Jillian Michaels work outs on YouTube. First thing first if weight loss is your goal above fitness/ strength you need to invest in a decent set of kitchen scales and weigh all your food. You need a deficit in your calories for weight loss, but without exercise it may not just be fat that you lose as your muscles aren't being worked. I have my calories set to 0.5lbs per week as I like to eat, being short at almost at goal I refuse to live on 1200 calories basic just to get a deficit.
    Strength exercises and a calorie deficit is a good start. Good luck!