come and join us x

Options
Hi
Looking for a few more people to join our facebook group, to motivate each other to lose weight in 2014, everyone welcome xx
https://www.facebook.com/groups/446596285362327/

Replies

• lesleyt1982
    lesleyt1982 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    we are a great little group who have been together for a year or more. regular challanges and support, from exercise ideas and food ideas, we welcome u all. we are starting a 12wk challange with weekly weigh in. goals set by urself.
  • Florawanda
    Florawanda Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hi, Sue and Lesley,
    Couple of my new friends posted on my page to start a 'goals for Jan 31st challenge' and wonder if that fits in with you, rather than start a new thread...

I am about to put up a blog, which will tell you a bit about me, but I live on the South Coast, near Portsmouth, where it is a wild day today!! I am 72, probably old enough to be your Mum, but determined to get down to a healthy weight by 2015... I have been on MFP for 2 years exactly, and been on a plateau for the last 12 months, up and down like a yo-yo... but at least I have not put on weight for the last 2 years!! Have gone down from size 24 to 16, so that is good!! But would like to be a 12!!

So my goals for Jan 31st:
    To be at 176 lbs,
    To go to the gym at least once a week
    To follow the 3 days a week training schedule for the Belvoir challenge on March 1st (15 mile walk/run cross-country).

Back in early 2012 I would have laughed out loud at the thought of walking, let alone running (jogging), as exercise is something I am not good at. But challenged myself in 2013, with Belvoir challenge (came in last), 5k Race for Life in Nottingham (done in 47 mins) and 10 mile Great South Run in Portsmouth, which took me 2hrs 50m... brisk walking pace and was not last - 34 people behind me, and 16,400 ahead!!
    Cheers!
  • suemorgan1969
    suemorgan1969 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi Flora

That sounds fab. Thanks for the reply, come and join us, you sound like fun xxxx