Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How to deal with hunger?

2»

Replies

• I am taking it slow and only doing a daily calorie deficit of 250, ( which is actually probably more like 500 considering what I have been eating over the holidays ). Even then I still feel hungry alot. Usually between lunch and dinner. I've tried adding snacks like peanut butter and cheese, but I think it just makes me more hungry. Suggestions?

What are you eating, how much and when? If your diet isn't working then you have to change it around. For myself I keep full longer if my meal contain a mix of carbs, protein and fat. But you have to find what works for you.

In addition, if you're hungry, have a glass of water. If your still hungry after that have a snack.
  • glendathurmond
    glendathurmond Posts: 18 Member
    When I am hungry in between meals, I usually try to eat something hot or warm because it feels more substantial and fills me up. I make a vegetable Miso soup almost every day and vary the recipe so that it doesn't always taste exactly the same. I can eat a cup and a half for just under 100 calories. (Really any vegetable soup will do, but the Miso adds flavor that satisfies) Sometimes a 1/4 cup of almonds or cashews will do the trick, with a small apple if needed. Hummus spread on a rice cake works too. Hummus is yummy, feels substantial and is good protein. If you eat eggs, you might keep a few boiled ones on hand and have one with cooked or raw veggies. The trick is to have it on hand and be prepared when hunger strikes.
  • sarabeth120
    sarabeth120 Posts: 172 Member
    I chew gum between meals. I do this to see whether I am actually hungry or if my mouth just needs something to chew on. Most of the time, I'm not even hungry, my mouth just wants something to chew on for awhile.