UK based - 66 lbs to lose

Options
In for the intros and to add a few friends to kick start this thing...I've been fighting my weight for the past 10 years, ballooning to 220 lbs during 2013 (previous "heaviest" weight being 196 lbs back in 2011), whilst in an unhappy job being regularly intimidated, criticised and ostracised - interspersed with confusing episodes of being praised and revered - by a bullying boss. I'm not making excuses, just recognising that my default use of food to numb feelings of worthlessness has been in overdrive this year.

I am now out of that situation, and looking forward to 2014 being the year of my return to a healthier weight (initial goal set at 154 lbs).

I've been around on MFP in the past, it would great to connect with some like-minded people for support and inspiration. :flowerforyou: Diary private at present, but will look to open it up once I'm back in the swing of things. :blushing:

Replies

• Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Hi I am from the UK too.
    My name is Cheryl, I am 29 and from Tamworth Staffs.
    I have 75lb to lose.
    Add me as a friend if you like :-)
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Ha, I am also in East Hants, Lovedean area to be precise, I am on sort of up a bit down a bit a present, add me if you wish, 70 year old bloke

Mike
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    feel free to friend me but i only support those that give mutual support

good luck with your journey
  • cally_
    cally_ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm going to add you, im from england and im looking to lose 50-60lbs :)
  • claireskelly
    claireskelly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will add you, ive just started AGAIN this week and I am determined that I'm going to do it once and for all this time!
  • aka_Kamalevantis
    Options
    Hi,

I'm on the UK and I had 154lb to lose when I started this journey in November 2012, I have so far lost 123.5lb of that and I am now looking to broaden my circle of inspirational MFP friends, so please feel free to add me.

Happy new year and a happy new you for 2014 xXx
  • carplady
    carplady Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi we have a similar end goal - I've managed to lose 40lb so far, (was 44 but Christmas happened). Happy to support you on your journey. I live in Cheshire and sent you a friend request. :flowerforyou:
  • freckles2002
    freckles2002 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi there, well done on deciding to take on a healthier lifestyle, i wish you every succsess. I am in the uk in Norwich to be exact.
  • M1k3y7891
    Options
    Hi im just starting again with this new out look on life for 2014 please feel free to add any one btw im uk northampton
  • wheezeybouncer
    wheezeybouncer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm also in the UK... SAHM to 3 little ones, in wet wales. I'm 69lbs down (of my first goal of 80lbs) and will have more to lose after that initial goal is reached as well. Feel free to FR me :o)
  • annfoster06
    annfoster06 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi I've not been here for a long time and all my friends have disingegrated on here!! Please can I add you as a friend, looking for like minded people to help each other through hard times (and good times!) Thanks
  • bennis102597
    Options
    Hi, I am in US, but looking to lose about 60 pounds. I am here for support if you need it!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I'm not making excuses, just recognising that my default use of food to numb feelings of worthlessness has been in overdrive this year.

I am now out of that situation, and looking forward to 2014 being the year of my return to a healthier weight.
    Congratulations for your self awareness, for getting out, and for coming back to MFP. Here's to a healthier & happier 2014!

PS. Read this. And take before pics! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • poohbear1958
    poohbear1958 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm 55, similar in married with no kids although cats as opposed to a dog, log in daily with an open diary. Please feel free to add me for mutual support/motivation :smile:
  • sdreed25
    sdreed25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    UK here, on all the time been here 12 months so have experience and support to give, anyone feel free to add me