Focused on flat stomach & larger butt

Options
ive been exercising 3x a week using weights and eating 1400 calories a day... i am exactly the same as i was 3 weeks ago when i started.. i know in the long run 3 weeks is nothing but i feel like i should be seeing some results...

i'm almost 5'3 and about 120 pounds, 20 years old and female..

any tips for flat stomach?
any advice for a rounder/larger butt?

Replies

• kieran9810
    kieran9810 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I know it's frustrating when you don't see results, but 3 weeks is nothing, I've been calorie counting everyday for 7 weeks now and I only see a small change, but I feel a lot stronger and happier as a person.
    Just carry on as you are and you'll see results eventually :)
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    So you haven't lost any weight? Something is off in your calculations. Are you weighing your food and using measuring cups?

You won't build muscle while on a deficit, so the most you can hope for is to reveal the muscle that is already there. You pretty much have to pick either build muscles, or lose weight. Lifting while you are losing is great for preserving what lean body mass you already have.
  • alechua
    alechua Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    ive been exercising 3x a week using weights and eating 1400 calories a day... i am exactly the same as i was 3 weeks ago when i started.. i know in the long run 3 weeks is nothing but i feel like i should be seeing some results...

i'm almost 5'3 and about 120 pounds, 20 years old and female..

any tips for flat stomach?
    any advice for a rounder/larger butt?

Wow! Same here! I'm 5'3 CW: 118-120lbs fluctuating and focusing of reducing belly fat! need some advice too!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    strong lifts or starting strength

deadlift and squats. start learning the form and work your way up to as heavy as you can get.

also sounds like you need to work more on body recomposition than weight loss. eat at your maintenance and follow a heavy lifting program like strong lifts or starting strength
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Jesus your BMI must be sweet **** all. I am 5.1 and 168lbs, if i had the self control do do as you have been i might be seeing a few changes by now, the closer you are to an optimal amount of body fat, the harder its gonna be and much longer its gonna take to lose anything. If i were you i would eat at maintenance and lift heavy for a while, if you dont like how thats going for you after a month drop your cals by 100, 200 tops. A big deficit is going to do you No favours

Good luck and enjoy your body transformation :-)

Didnt see meshas post, you are singing my song :-D
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Are you:
    1) Using a digital scale to weigh everything?
    2) Logging literally everything you eat?

Looking through your diary, most days you are well under 1000 calories logged with very little protein. Considering your weight hasn't reduced, I'm guessing you are not consistently logging everything you eat.

Your goals require you to accomplish two things: reduce fat mass and increase muscle mass. Since you are already at a healthy weight range for your height, focus on improving body composition by increasing muscle mass with progressive weight training and consuming a high-protein diet (a minimum of 100% of your lean mass in lbs). If your body fat percentage is reasonably low, you can eat at a small (200-250) calorie surplus - after establishing what your actual maintenance calories are - for a few months to maximize the amount of muscle gained. You'll likely gain 1 lb of fat for 1 lb of muscle so, after several months, you'll cut back calories down to maintenance and then drop to a small deficit to reduce fat mass but keep as much of the muscle you gained.
  • jessigoct17
    jessigoct17 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    yes i log everything that i eat! i even include the glasses of water that i drink... i have about 1400-1450 calories a day ... and its hard to get enough protein on a calorie deficit since i don't really like eating meat or chicken but i am starting to drink soy milk

ive also started planking and doing weighted squats(20 pounds)... lets see how that goes

in the morning i do notice i look skinnier but throughout hte day my stomach bloats so i guess it might be water retention so im trying to drink as much water as i can