Leg/Butt toning shoes

Options
I am curious about these shoes that have come out claiming to tone your legs & butt. Anyone that has them, can you share your experience? Any brand recommendations? Thanks!

Replies

• LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of the reebok easy tones. They are great shoes, however, I have seen no difference in my legs/butt from them. And honestly about the first week or two I wore them, they KILLED my feet. It takes some time geting used to them but I wouldn't count on seeing drastic changes in your legs/butt from a pair of shoes. That will take hard work. But after I got used to these shoes, and learned how to walk right in them, I was noticing some pain relief in my back. They were pretty comfortable too after I broke them in.
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    I have the Sketchers SRT's. The first few times I wore them, I definitely felt a difference in my legs but since then, not really. I wear them as my work out shoe though. They are hands down THE most comfortable tennis shoe I have ever owned. You know people always say it feels like you're walking on pillows? These *really* do feel that way.

edited to add: they run a 1/2 size small bc of the shape of the sole, when you walk it slides your foot forward. If i bought them in my normal size, they would probably not be as comfortable.
  • punkinsmamababy
    Options
    I have Sketchers and absolutely love them!! I have noticed a difference in my size. I tried on a pair of my smaller jeans the other day and was so excited that they actually fit. My husband has even noticed which is great! Just make sure you start out in small amounts and work your way up or you could hurt yourself. I have lower back issues and this has helped that too. Good luck!
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I have a pair, and I find that they are extremely comfortable, and I definitely felt the burn in my inner thighs and calves when I first got them. I don't feel it now, but I have had them for a long time so I am sure my muscles have adjusted. Also, they haven't worn out yet, which is nice. But I guess it depends on what kind you get... I think mine are Step n' Tones... I think. Anyway, I recommend them!
  • Sherry1979
    Options
    I have the Sketchers. . .I like them as I can tell a noticeable difference in my posture when I wear them. However, as for toning my legs I can't tell a big difference there. . .but I was already working out when I started wearing them. When I wear them when I walk I burn quite a few more calories than I do when I DON'T wear them according to my HRM so they have to be working!
  • cookingcriolla
    Options
    I have flat feet (fallen arches) and tried a pair on, I couldn't walk. My ankles felt like they'd snap if I took a few steps.
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I heard that some studies came out that the shoes did not help with burning calories or toning, but I wear MBTs to work as a nurse and my legs and back feel great. To me it's more about comfort than toning.
  • avalonfloyd
    Options
    I can't say I've noticed any real difference. I have Sketchers Shape Ups. I've had them for about a year now, and they are really comfortable. I wear them all day and my feet don't get tired. The only time I noticed my feet getting tired was after a transatlantic flight and about a 4 hour layover in the Toronto airport!

I think the idea that they are shaping your legs and butt is a load of hooey, and I've always thought that, but my cousin had a pair and they were really comfortable, so I got one too. I will say they are good for being on your feet all day, because of the cushioning in the soles.

I'd say they are worth it for that, and for lasting a long time, but don't get them thinking that you are going to start having amazing looking legs and butt just by walking around!
  • lmell
    lmell Posts: 17
    Options
    I have some too but I'm cheap so i didn't buy the Skechers mine are Danskin which I tried on both kinds & to me there really wasn't a difference in the way they felt,both were very comfortable.
    I do feel a difference when I am walking in them compared to traditional walking shoes & after I can feel it in my butt & legs as for noticing a difference in the way I look haven't seen any but then I haven't been walking all that much. My sister in-law also has them & she says she has noticed a difference.
    Only wear them for a short time your first few times to get use to them or your feet will be hurting. I even think on an informercial I saw once that the guy said 20mins to start out.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I recently purchased a pair of MBT shoes. I'm short and when I wear regular walking shoes the fronts of my calves cramp up in about 5 minutes - to the point that I have to stop and try to stretch the cramping out (I don't have shin splints). Since I have been wearing the MBT shoes I don't get the pain anymore. I will still get some muscle burning (which I expect) on the back and sides of my calves but no more cramping up! I also can feel it in my hamstrings.