Anyone using WW in conjunction with Mfp??

Options
Hello. My Heath insurance is giving me 6 months of a weight watchers membership. I may as we'll use it to help get in shape. I do not want to give up this site for I love the community on here as well as the beneficial features. I'm looking for friends as well as success stories from those using weight watchers and Mfp. Thanks!

Replies

• Liiinas
    Liiinas Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi!

I go to WW every week to weig in, attend the meetings, get healthy recepies and get help with the questions I may have. It's been absolutely crucial to my weight loss to have this kind off accountability which in my opinion is key.

I do however count my food in MFP not because it is that much different than counting points but because I find it a bit more straight on (i.e. fruit has no points in WW but an apple has like 50-60 calories).

If you are new to dieting and counting your food I would actually advice you to use the points system as you will get great material, recepies, weekly menues etc with your ww membership. The staff at ww can also help you out a lot better if you use their system.

Good luck!
  • Liiinas
    Options
    And with that said of course you should stay arounf MFP if you get inspiration from forums etc!
  • FabulouslyMade
    Options
    Thank you! People look at me crazy when I say I'm going to utilize both programs. It's good to hear something positive about each one!!!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Honestly I would not even mess with weight watchers but since its free you might as well take advantage.
  • gmpuggles
    gmpuggles Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I go to WW every week to weig in, attend the meetings, get healthy recepies and get help with the questions I may have. It's been absolutely crucial to my weight loss to have this kind off accountability which in my opinion is key.

I do however count my food in MFP not because it is that much different than counting points but because I find it a bit more straight on (i.e. fruit has no points in WW but an apple has like 50-60 calories).

If you are new to dieting and counting your food I would actually advice you to use the points system as you will get great material, recepies, weekly menues etc with your ww membership. The staff at ww can also help you out a lot better if you use their system.

Good luck!
    This is what I do as well, though I started on WW before I came across MFP. Good luck with it! :)
  • FabulouslyMade
    Options
    I've had tons of success with weight watchers in the past so I know it works. I just do not want to give up mfp
  • Liiinas
    Options
    Thank you! People look at me crazy when I say I'm going to utilize both programs. It's good to hear something positive about each one!!!

Just take the best from both worlds :)