My 'secret'

Options
Hi, friends! I'm getting a lot of messages asking me what I did that led to my success. Keep em coming!

I documented my changes here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/charmagnechi

WE CAN DO IT!!!

Charmagne

Replies

• bhonniered
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that - I just read it and was inspiring and I learned a few things - food noise vs. food voice. Never thought about it like that.
  • CDresp
    CDresp Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    We can never fix and dysfunction and the outlying results there of until we stop treating the symptoms and get to the fundamental CAUSE of it. Clearly you have discovered for yourself the cause. Congratulations. I can fully agree and relate to what you said. We also need to understand that this is not a race with an end goal....it is a journey. One day at a time! :wink:
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    bump

thanks for taking the time to share your secret w/ us! :flowerforyou:
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    congrats on your success!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!:flowerforyou:
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Being your funny friend I was totally going to mock you for your Tolstoy Novella. But I was sucked in and read every word. AMAZING!!! Believe this should be stickied at the top of MFP!!!!

AWESOME!!!!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Being your funny friend I was totally going to mock you for your Tolstoy Novella. But I was sucked in and read every word. AMAZING!!! Believe this should be stickied at the top of MFP!!!!

AWESOME!!!!

Awesome or not (thanks!), my novella is totally deserving of your mockery :)
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. I love your points about loving yourself, flaws and all. My journey of losing weight is an ongoing journey. I'm grateful for keeping the pounds of for 9 months, wow, that's an accomplishment to me. Yeah, I still have drama in my life, but now I handle the stress by working out, not eating. Yes, I still have 12 lbs to go, but that's a process and I'm not gonna give up. I don't expect it to happen in a day or a month. But guess what, I love not having back pains and knee pains. I love not having to figure out what's gonna be too small when I pack my gym bag. I love being able to look down and see whats below instead of not seeing past my gutt.

Your story has encouraged me to continue on this journey of life, knowing it doesn't end with dropping the pounds. As long as I'm living, I'll have to make the right decisions on what I'm gonna eat.
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    this is just what i needed to read at this moment in my life! you've got a great perspective.
  • gambitsgurl
    Options

AWESOME!!!!

Awesome or not (thanks!), my novella is totally deserving of your mockery :)

Ok. Someone HAD to have spent an hour on the toilet to type that bad boy out!!!!
  • mamayoga
    Options
    I think you hit the nail right on the head, numerous times. I agree wholheartedly, and BRAVO!
    It's all about loving yourself!
  • mizfit
    mizfit Posts: 118
    Options
    Thank you very much for sharing your secret with us. I really enjoyed your posts and you were so right about exercise and how people will give up if they are doing something they don't like just because they want to burn calories. Exercise is so much more fun when you do something you enjoy. I am now looking back at what I loved to do to find more exercises to incorporate into my schedule. I look forward to reading more of your blogs. :happy:
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Im sooo glad you are my friend Charmagne and I read those a while back and loved every word you wrote and of course equated it to my life, but Hambitsgirl.... you rock!!!!
  • gambitsgurl
    Options
    Im sooo glad you are my friend Charmagne and I read those a while back and loved every word you wrote and of course equated it to my life, but Hambitsgirl.... you rock!!!!

Thank you for the shout out and I LOVE humor but I have to hand the title over now

PRESENTING THE BEST ANSWER EVER ON MFP

EVAR

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/133465-we-are-going-to-a-buffett-oh-no

scroll and read

you won't miss it
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Very awesome! Thanks for writing and sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I keep getting asked what I am doing to keep my determination and motivation up and how am I losing the inches and have the energy to exercise almost daily. And my only answer was "seeing results from my hard work." I also just put up a blog post on that. :bigsmile: Well, something similar.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/I_wanna_b_an_RN/view/motivation-success-happiness-48485
  • kristenskelton
    Options
    Read every word and am moved to make this change in my life as well, thank you for your openness and honesty!
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Bumping in case any of the newer members and my new friends are interested :)

Charmagne
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    That link doesn't work anymore.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!