Looking for new friends

Options
kvan64
kvan64 Posts: 28 Member
Hi there. Hoping to find some new fiends to motivate and help keep me motivated. I've been up and down in my weight my whole life. I'm currently 100 lbs overweight. I will be 50 this year. The number doesn't bother me, but my weight and fitness level have got to change. I'm concerned about health problems as I age. I had great success on Fitnesspal in 2011. I lost 71 Lbs! it was fun and relatively easy to loose the weight. I'm an emotional eater. My husband was diagnosed with a very aggressive form of cancer at that time (doing well now after a very long recovery process) not that I'm looking for and excuses but it was a very difficult time and I gave up on my commitment to keep the weight off and started using food as comfort. I'm back and ready to make it a commitment. This time with some help from new friends.

Replies

• dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me but please read my profiles on MFP friends first

good luck with your jorney
  • joycelreed
    joycelreed Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Joyce. I've been on myfitnesspal for a couple years and it is wonderful when I am faithful. I lost 50 pounds from October to July - I don't think I went over my goal EVER! THEN-we went on vacation to the beach with my daughters family. I thought "what would one weekend hurt? I never went back- after our trip we found one of our son's has a bad heart and will someday need a pacemaker. He is only 31. I have been running to doctor appointments 3-4 times a month as the docs try to figure what to do. When I saw you say you are an emotional eater it sounded like me. :(
    I have been looking for someone with similar keys to eating. If you would like to give and receive encouragement I'd love to be your buddy.
  • jacqueinhutto
    jacqueinhutto Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi...today is the first day for me as well and I am looking for friends to help motivate me. I need friends to help motivate me as well seems like I alsways start out strong for 3 weeks and then lose my motivation. Sorry to hear about your husband having cancer I know that can be extremely stressful. When I turned 40 I had been married a year, had a new baby then found out my husband had neck cancer and my 17 yr was pregnant. I got thru it though but my husband divorced me saying I caused him too much stress. My bab is 15 now and I have not remarried. Being older now and gaing weight has done terrible things to my sef confidence. I have 40 lbs to lose. Im only 5 ft tall which makes it feel like a lot more..I am not a spring chicken any more and dieting seems a lot harder than it used to be..stay strong. Jacque
  • sallenandlayla
    sallenandlayla Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have decided to try again.. I need to lose 75 pounds. Looking for friends and support as well.
  • Intalent
    Intalent Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You got this Kvan64! I'm also a comfort/emotional eater, but my philosophy is it takes 3 months to build/break a habit. 3 months of solid commitment is all you need and you'll develop better eating habits. I'm starting today. Feel free to join me :)