Disney in 9 months - never had better motivation!!

Options
Hi! This is not my first rodeo.. I have gone down this road many many times before. Every time I start to lose weight, say 10lbs, I get comfortable and start introducing bad foods and habits back into my daily routine. Then I gain it back and then some.

The hubby and I have decided to take the kids to Disney World in September and I am determined not to be that mom that a) can't keep up with the family because I am so out of shape and overweight and b) the mom that can't go on some of the rides with her kiddos because I'm so big.

I weighed in this morning at 257lbs and would like to lose on average 2lbs per week between now and the trip. There are 36 weeks until we leave on the trip.

2014 has to be the year to change my habits and I am going to make these changes.

I got up this morning and did an hour of exercise with Zumba on the Wii. I'm going to exercise every day.. no excuse not to. I can fit in 30-60 minutes a day I've just been too lazy and can easily find excuses to talk myself out of it.

Started tracking what I put in my body again this morning too.

I have a lot of bad habits to break... game on!

Replies

• logansmummy724
    Options
    I am on board with you and would love to be apart of your journey. I am thinking of taking my son next tax season so 2015 haha before the season gets too busy but still isnt too cold lol

but my motivation now is short term i wanna loose like 40 lbs before april becuase during my sons spring break i plan on going somewhere fun :)

i am currently around 250 (it changes a lot from 245-250) but my overall goal is to loose 75-100 over a course of time

i am like you everytime i loose a little i get cocky and slack off and start eating bad again but it is a new day and i amtyring this :)
  • empy22
    empy22 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi, happy new year.

I'm similar to you in that I'm going to be losing weight for Disney, although our trip will not be until 2015 ( coming from the UK so got to save serious £££) and I have done the weight loss thing so many times,trying every diet going and finally last year discovered MFP and lost 32lbs :) sadly life got in the way and I stopped logging and of course gained it all back. After deciding I wanted to go to Disney I knew I needed to really nail it this time.I have 2 teens who will be going on everything and I want to be able to catch up with them and not be the boring, unfit fat person holding the bags and taking pictures :/ like I normally do! We have our annual trip to Spain this year and I'm determined to be a normal size this year, so that gives me around 8 months to do this. Do you want a buddy? please add me if you do.

Good luck with your Disney weight loss.

Emma
  • fudie
    fudie Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    2 years ago i was losing weight to go to disney world! i was so excited to go for my very first time. but i was going in june and it was going to be hot!!! i knew i had to wear shorts and that was the biggest fear! so over the year i lost about 50 lbs and was buying some shorts to wear, and even a skirt. i was happy, but sadly i still felt like i hadnt lost the weight and sadly i gained it all back. now i have a new mind set and i am ready to lose it and then some!