Gaining weight!

Options
I've been working out for a little over a month and the first week I initially lost 6 pounds. I recently stepped on the scale and gained all that weight back plus 4 pounds! I've been sticking to my diet. Lifting 3 x a week and cardio 6x a week. Has anyone else experience this?

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    It would be much easier to offer advice if you made your diary public. :smile:
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    A new workout regimen can result in several pounds of water weight gain. Ignore the scale for a bit, maybe concentrate on measurements.
  • CokeBottle84
    CokeBottle84 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    How do I make it public? Sorry!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    How do I make it public? Sorry!
    From your home page, select Settings>Diary Settings>Public
  • CokeBottle84
    Options
    Okay done! Thanks
  • CokeBottle84
    Options
    Thanks. I'm really hoping that's what it is. I've been working out for a month!
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    From what I can see if your logging is very inconsistent....Some days are incompleted other days arent even done...Are you logging everything you drink as well?? Also seeems like you arent eating at a deficit in order to lose the weight. When did you start logging every day? You mentioned on your other post that you lost 6 lbs but gained 4 back or something like that......
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing the same thing with logging being inconsistent. Also, how are you determining your calorie burn? Are you using a HRM or just using the numerical estimates from MFP?
  • CokeBottle84
    Options
    I haven't been logging as much as I should, because of my schedule (I know it's not an excuse) but I have been consistent with my diet. i'm using numerical estimates from MFP.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    You have to log consistently and honestly to figure out what's happening. The initial weight loss, for everyone, is ~90% water, so it's not a big deal to have it come back. A few lbs gain can be expected at the beginning of a lifting regimen (it's also water, stored in your muscles), but it could just as easily be explained by your diet.

Log every single bite for two weeks and check back in.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    The numerical estimates are not always accurate, so some people eat only 50-75% of their exercise calories back. Some of the estimates look really high to me, particularly the calisthenics, and you might be overestimating your exertion level.
  • bebeXchyM
    bebeXchyM Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You posted this twice and I think u should check out comments from your other post. Plus since you eat as much as 1,900 on the days u log in i wonder what u eat on the days u don't. U don't look that big in ur profile pic so i don't think u earn up to the 700 extra u take in. Don't eat back ur calories. Use exercise for fitness.
  • CokeBottle84
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! I will try to keep my caloric intake at 1500