7 lb overnight weight gain

Options
Hello,
For some reason I gained about 7 lbs overnight. I wouldn't say I had an all out cheat day or anything because I did a pretty good workout. Last night I ran 9.06 miles straight without stopping (My longest run yet) in 1 hour and 27 minutes. I burned about 1300 calories.

I did eat around 2600 calories though, (indulged in some mcdonalds breakfast) but obviously 7 lbs won't come from that 2600. also I've been running heavily the past 3 days. I ran 3.30 miles the first day, the second day I played 3 and a half hours of flag football straight on a 50 yard football field, then i did a 4.30 mile run. and last night i did my 9.06 miles. I don't feel any extra water weight or anything and usually I feel the extra lbs of water or such. I did have a bowel movement also.

Could this be muscle gain?

Replies

• wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    In one day you the not gain 7 lb of muscle
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    water weight.
    don't worry about it
  • yofroyo13
    Options
    Weight gain usually does happen after a particulary strenuous workout- inflammation of the muscles trying to absorb everything, plus water retention...
    I gained 5 lb overnight after a hard workout once.
    Don't sweat it.
  • tabbyxxcat
    tabbyxxcat Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'd always point to sodium first, but usually it's more like 2lbs rather than 7...
    It probably IS water weight, I'd wait and follow the trend over the next few days to see :)
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Water. Walking and exercise and, ironically, more water will help. How do your ankles look? How do your rings fit?

I am assuming you are not having kidney trouble. Any pain or sign of infection?
  • getgemma
    getgemma Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Well done on your run! I'm at the same point as you in my journey where I am now able to increase my mileage and can be more flexible with my food intake. I recommend using the scales as guidance over the weeks and look at your averages. For the last 3-4 weeks I seem to be in the plateau stage on the scales however my measurements are decreasing.
    I added my measurements into the app as another category so my data is all in one place - handy.
    Good luck ;)
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    sounds like you need to take a big poo
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I gained about that much over night as well, mine is water weight, I know how my body reacts to certain foods and certain drinks. I seen it coming. Drink a lot of water, maybe even lemon water, it'll help get it off you.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

LOL No
  • ndj1979
    Options
    unless you somehow managed to consume 24,500 calories while you were sleeping then no this is not fat gain or muscle gain …more than likely just normal weight fluctuation or bloat…

maybe you sleep walked and consumed everything in the fridge??
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    sounds like you need to take a big poo
    This. It's probably your dinner sitting around in your intestines.
    ETA: Oh, wait - you weighed yourself after breakfast, so it's your breakfast. It doesn't go through you that quick.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    water weight.
    don't worry about it

This is it
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    It's not muscle (not sure how you think you can gain 7lb of muscle overnight).

Water and food weight.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Probably muscle. What else could it be?

Water
    Poop

Nah, definitely muscle.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Water and food weight.

you have never heard of the muscle fairy?
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

Well, if you want to call the stuff you flush muscle, then yes... yes it is.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Water and food weight.

Tell me more.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Water and food weight.

Tell me more.

if you eat enough protein thirty minutes after working out he comes to lifters after they have gone to sleep and gives them "pounds of muscle"
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Water and food weight.

Tell me more.

if you eat enough protein thirty minutes after working out he comes to lifters after they have gone to sleep and gives them "pounds of muscle"

I must not have been good enough in 2013. :sad:
  • ndj1979
    Options

Water and food weight.

Tell me more.

I must not have been good enough in 2013. :sad:

yup, you are doing it wrong..

he left me 10 pounds of muscle last night….but for some reason I woke up with a syringe in my butt this morning….