Calories burned....

Options
You do eat them back, right?

Replies

• besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    if you are following the plan MFP has set up for you yes. I do. some don't.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    It's not a requirement. And MFP overestimates calories burned as a general, so do yourself a favor and don't eat them all back. 50% of them is a good number to try. People tend to underestimate their intake generally and MFP overestimates calories expended, so between those two it's easy to not make the progress you desire.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    It's not a requirement. And MFP overestimates calories burned as a general, so do yourself a favor and don't eat them all back. 50% of them is a good number to try. People tend to underestimate their intake generally and MFP overestimates calories expended, so between those two it's easy to not make the progress you desire.
    This i try and do half
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    if you are following the plan MFP has set up for you yes. I do. some don't.

+1
  • smchughs90
    smchughs90 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    MFP has me set at eating 1800 calories per day. I log my exercise by what my polar heart rate monitor shows. I feel like that's a lot of calories.
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    o I don't but somedays I do.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I always ate back about 70-80% of what my HRM told me for an aerobic event and lost, on average, 1.3 Lbs per week...slightly faster than what MFP projected. I was as accurate as possible with my intake by using a food scale for pretty much anything with a weight as a serving size and measuring cups for everything else. I also used the recipe builder a lot rather than using generic, "homemade chicken soup" recipes in the database.

This is all about precision so you want to be doing all of those things. If you are bigger your calorie goal is going to be higher becasue you require more calories to maintain your weight and thus would require more calories to lose weight in a healthy manner. You figure the average non overweight woman who is lightly active maintains at around 2000 calories...1800 net for a larger individual doesn't sound too far off the mark to me.

Granted I'm a guy but I lose on 2500 gross calories.