College Students!!! Come Hither!

Options
Hello all,
Looking for college age fellow MFP users. I'm in need of a group of people with the same goals as I. I'm 22 and currently working part time, attending grad school, and student teaching. In the past year I was diagnosed with PCOS and have been slowly trying to make the appropriate changes. My main motivation is currently in a different state due to the Air Force. In the new year I really hope to lose 70lbs, close to 50lbs by June when I graduate with my masters. Add/message me if you think we could help each other.

Replies

• blujp
    blujp Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi, fellow college student here! I'm going to be student teaching next spring (hoping I can reach a healthy weight by then so I can boost my self-confidence and be a better teacher). I'm hoping to lose 100+ lbs and it's good to know there are other people like me who are also trying to be healthier!
  • BrotherSpankus
    Options
    Hiya! I'm a student too :) 21 at grad school with over 100lbs that needs to go!
    Feel free to add me as a friend or message for support! x
  • emilybaun
    Options
    Hello there! I'm in my sophomore year and working part time along with college! Feel free to add!
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm a junior. Starting up NROLW at my college weight room when we return for the semester. Can't wait!!

Feel free to add. :)
  • iwantmydenimback
    iwantmydenimback Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm topping out the age range as a 26 year old MA student, but I'm definitely feeling the strain of balancing school, work, and life. Feel free to add me, I'm aiming to lose 66 pounds this year.
  • mbiegle
    Options
    hey everyone I am a 22 student who works part time and is wanting to loose about 30lbs so that when I pass my ACSM Personal trainer certification people will actually believe I like to work out lol feel free to add me :)
  • hannakengu
    hannakengu Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and a freshman in law school (did several gap years working), and I currently work part-time in addition to studying. Balancing is hard and during the first semester of my freshman year I gained back everything I lost last winter/spring, meaning a total of 20 lbs. I wasn't at my goal weight even at my skinniest, so I have about 40lbs to go. Feel free to message me!
  • kathrynmcgrady
    Options
    Hi! I'm 23 and a second year law student. I have a lot of weight to lose and I'm starting over... again. Feel free to add me!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Hey! My name is Melissa. I am 25, junior at James Madison University, majoring in Hospitality Management and minoring in Business. I've been on MFP for 3 years. I lost 25 pounds the first year, maintained it over the second year, however this past year I gained it all back.
    I could defiantly use new friends on here to help me stay on track!
  • mrspinky85
    mrspinky85 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I feel old compared to you guys. Its ok, I was in the Army to pay for school. My name is Nicole and I am 28 working on my Bachelor's degree in Business. I have 4 quarters to go (my school is on 11 week quarters not semesters). I have a goal of about 50 pounds by June but if that doesn't happen I won't freak out. Feel free to add me and let's do this!
  • runawayescape
    runawayescape Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 and at uni. :) Can add me if you like
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm not a college student anymore, but it's been just a year since I got my teaching license. Student teaching is a very stressful time, but you can make the most of it if you are prepared and organized! Good luck! Add me if you like, I offer the perspective of the recent grad trying to be a responsible adult.
  • sprale
    sprale Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 years old and a senior at Michigan State University. I am graduating this spring! I lost around 60 lbs last year and hope to lose another 20-25 this year. Feel free to add me.
  • Rawremilyrawr
    Rawremilyrawr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm an 18 year old freshman, trying to lose weight I gained BEFORE I got to college. Oof. Feel free to add me! I'm a runner and I'm starting Tone It Up's Love Your Body challenge today! My TIU profile address is ermazo if you'd like to add me in the Tone It Up community as well.

I would love to share TIU with everyone: http://toneitup.com/2014/01/love-your-body-series-a-confident-fit-fierce-you

Feel free to add me and join the Love Your Body challenge too!
  • rusaxman
    Options
    I'm a 22 year old Rutgers University Graduate (Just finished a few weeks ago!). I'm down about 20lbs from my heaviest (275 from 295), and my goal is to have lost a minimum of 60lbs by 2015. I'd ideally like to be down to 180-190. I'm very bad at being motivated, so I'm also in need of partners with the same goals.

Feel free to add me!
  • ChikFitness
    ChikFitness Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm 21 years old from Nova Scotia. I'm a 4th year business student finishing up my Bachelor of commerce major in accounting this semester. I'm looking to lose 25 pounds (get to 145) as my first goal of this year.

I find I dedicate myself so much to school it has made it hard to keep active so I'm hoping to turn that around this semester. Making it to this first goal will put me back to where I was before I started school!

Add me for encouragement! I have also got a fitbit flex tracker if you want to add me there: www.fitbit.com/user/29WSSD
  • baobeibunny
    baobeibunny Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 22 and a first-year grad student. I lost a little over 10 pounds last fall, but have gained almost all of it back after starting grad school. I'm looking to start a healthier lifestyle this year and lose 15-20 pounds by summer. I'd love friends and motivation along the way! Feel free to add me, especially if you have similar goals! :)