Woman over 45

Greetings all!

I am 47 year old female just new to this site and hope to change my way of eating and exercising. I am an emotional eater and love sweets. My goal is to get from my 195 to 155 weight. My problem is when I hit my plateau, I tend to give up. I have asked my daughter to join me on this site and with help and determination, I hope to create the life style I hope for as well as many new friends. :)

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,217 Member
    Hi Kattarena!

Welcome to MFP! I would be happy to be your friend. I'm Denise and I'm 51 years old. My starting weight was where you are now. It took me a year to get to my goal weight and size, but it was so worth it! Please consider getting a food scale ($20ish) as it really helps with accurate logging. Log. Every. Morsel. And move more!

Take a look at my profile and if you think we might be a good fit, please send me a friend request. I log in to MFP every day and will be supportive. But, to keep my friend list manageable, I do delete friends who stop using MFP.

I'm a dog lover too. :smile:
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 230 Member
    Hello and Happy New Year. This is a great place to achieve your goals with many supportive people. Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Welcome to MFP! If you are looking for help, you will find it if you look in the right places. I hope you are able to drop the 40 you are looking to shed. Remember to keep yourself at a MILD deficit, and find things to do that keep you interested and motivated. Those who tend to make it tedious quit easily, and those who try to lose too quickly tend to get fed up, and eventually regain all the weight they lost, and add a little extra on the rebound.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Welcome! Take before photos--I wish I had. And read this. It says all the things I wish I'd known when I started:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Weight loss takes a whole lot of trial & error. When you plateau, try something new. (Make 1 change at a time, so you can tell what works.)
  • maymekeagy
    maymekeagy Posts: 5 Member
    Welcome Kattarena, I'm am 46 and somewhat new to MFP too. I just started at the beginning of December and have lost 11 lbs. The holidays were a little rocky but I'm back at it. My goal is 30lbs and then maintain, so I plan to be here awhile. I believe weight loss is hard and it takes determination, commitment and support from friends! I have a couple here on MFP that have helped me a lot. Feel free to add me as a friend and I'll do my best to support you. I highly recommend that you track every bite, it's helped me immensely to stay honest and also not eat as much because I don't want to write it down. Plan ahead and drink water, drink water, drink water to stay the course. I don't exercise a lot but my dog Milo is my faithful workout buddy, we usually snowshoe or hike everyday. If you think we'd be a good fit feel free to friend me. Good luck!