WHAT??? I have a choice??

Options
arewethereyet
arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
Amazing. I got on the scale and it has not budged. Oh wait.......neither have I! How can I expect the scale to move downward if I continue to sit my lazy butt on the couch eating maint. cals?

I thought this morning as I stood there, staring at the 1 pound lost..........same number for months and months........I thought "Who is keeping you from that weight loss? Not your job, or your spouse, or your stress, or your mother.........NOPE...........YOU are keeping you from losing more weight!!"

Today I am choosing to do the push up and squat challenge, and go for a 20 minute walk after work. I will ck in later to be accountable to both!

What choice can YOU make today to budge that scale??

Replies

• fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I choose to drink my shakeology twice today because we have a fast every Wednesday at church. I also choose not to indulge in any junk food.
  • Jamison3
    Options
    How nice to see that post....I have been hit and miss with the exercise, but am getting at least three days a week. My issue is the food. I'm simply a person that eats to eat and I am the only person that can change that. Using MFP is starting to make me more accountable, but I have discovered some days I get to busy and don't but stuff in so I try and calculate it in my head, not a good thing, math not my subject LOL

Good for you for making the right choice, I shall follow in your lead!!!

Have a great day and a great work out!
  • zeteticgamin
    Options
    You are so right - we have to be responsible for our own choices (in everything, not just food!). I really needed to hear this today - thank you!

I am having my super awesome energy-giving green smoothie this morning, and will have an equally awesome hearty salad for lunch. I am wearing jeans all day, so I remember that that belly is there & needs to go away (not so easy in stretchy pants!). I am doing my run/walk this afternoon, when I am warm & limber and need a pick-me-up.

And right now, I'm applying butt to chair and _working_, something I've been a bit slackery on (I'm a freelance writer). I have only myself to blame if the paychecks aren't as large as I'd like!!
  • njjswim
    njjswim Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post. I need to stick with measuring or at least logging everything I eat. When I don't log I am more likely to eat badly. I exercise about 1-2 hours a day but for my age that is not enough. Can't believe the scale did not budge for me either. I walked 34,000 steps with my pedometer, lifted weights, and ate under my recommended calories and still nothing. But the scale is not everything I did forget that I used to care how my cloths fit so I will go back to that and stay away from that nasty scale for at least a week. I can't beleive I put 30 lbs of weight on since sheding the weight and wearing the cloths I always wanted to fit into and now all the rolls and love handles are back. But one day at a time to chip away at all this...
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    Today I choose to do Week 5 / Day 1 of the Couch to 5K program. I have been repeating week 4 for 2 weeks because Week 5 scares me and I'm afraid I won't be able to do it. Well, thanks to your post, I'm going to give it my best shot today because I won't know until I try it !!!!
  • rmkorama
    rmkorama Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Today, the little voice in my head kept whining about how I didn't feel like going for my morning walk. And I said out loud to myself, "Tough. Do it anyway." I did.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I find this post very funny, because the scale has budged ZERO pounds in the two months I've been here, and I've done very well for myself.
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Today I chose to do day 3/ week 1 of couch to 5k, and do an hour of belly dancing. :) I want to hear back about that walk!! :)
  • turbojanem
    Options
    thank you....i needed this today!
    Jane
  • jennpv
    jennpv Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great post!!!! It's just what I needed! I was down 23 lbs. I told myself once I lost 25 lbs I was going to take more pictures to compare to my before pics. For some reason, the past 2 months I haven't been into it at all. I'm only working out 1-2 times a week and I'm not logging my meals. Yet, I weigh myself all the time and I get discouraged that the scale isn't moving. DUH! bc I'm not! I re-dedicated myself this week and so far am doing pretty good. Thanks for the great post and reminding me that if I move, the scale will move!!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Today I chose a salad and shrimp at my luncheon!

I chose to smile when I wanted to :grumble:

:laugh: :laugh:

You all have made me feel great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!