Lots and Lots to lose

Options
I am 36 years old and have over 100 pounds to lose.
i have tried many different diets over the years.
I have decided to keep trying for me and my two girls.
I want to be a healthy role model for them.

Melanie

Replies

• SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a good motivation. I think you can do this. Remember that eating at a mild calorie deficit, and not following fad diets is your best bet for losing the weight, AND maintaining it.

You got this Melanie!

Have fun as you do it. That's important too.

You look cold.
  • angelraguel
    angelraguel Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have 105 to lose to be at what I should be although i am currently going to settle for something a bit higher than that to begin with. like yourself i have tried many diets over the years and only one has worked well for me with my PCOS and that is a low carb diet, ive taken a big break after concieveing my lil girl and now im back so i can be healthy for her just like you want to for your kids :) would love to be friends
  • SueRoot1955
    SueRoot1955 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know your heart ache. I am now looking at 145lbs that need to go. Good luck on your goals and keep your chin up you can do it too.
  • Vivian06703188
    Vivian06703188 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    This can be a great experience for both you and you kids. If you teach them how to eat properly they may not have the struggle with food you have. MFP is a great site to use to learn portion control and how to eat healthier. There is so much food on the market today that is harmful to your health and you really to need to learn how to eat properly. This should be a required course in school.
  • tucker102
    Options
    I have PCOS as well
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    I also have a lot to lose :) Feel free to add me...I'm on daily and my diary is open =)
  • Sarasota_Guy
    Sarasota_Guy Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You have PERFECT motivation...that always makes things a bit easier when they're put in that kind of perspective :) Best of luck to you!