Giving it another try!

Options
Hello, my name is Lauren, I live in Jackson, Michigan and I'm 29 years old. I'm currently 241 lbs and would like to lose at least 70 lbs to feel healthier and more at peace with myself. I have a very active soon to be 4 year old daughter. I find it harder every day to keep up with her because of the extra weight I carry around! I also have chronic lower back pain that I have been dealing with for over 6 years. I know by losing the extra weight, my back will feel 100 times better!!
I have fought with my weight for well over the better half of my life and I'm so tired of it. My best friend, Jenni and I are on this quest together in hopes that if we have eachother as a support group we will have a better chance at this fight!
I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. If anyone has any good tips I will be greatful to listen and try!

Replies

• SRoberts2014
    Options
    Hello Lauren!! I am starting up again after have a baby last April! I have four boys over all! Feel free to add me if you like! :)
  • mamawantsanewdress
    Options
    Hi Lauren, I new as of today! Already I'm liking the food diary! It's awesome and helps me see just how much I'm eating. I just did Just Dance on the Wii for 45 minutes and am sweating plus I had fun. I'm the mother of 3, 45 yrs old and have struggled with my weight for years. I've tried everything and it comes down to the basics I've decided and I think this is the way. No diet where I feel like I'm punishing myself & hating myself for getting here! Already I see this as a reward! I've got 70 lbs to lose and I'd be happy to be included with you and your friend Jenni.
  • Kwinkler01
    Options
    I am 57 and have battled my weight forever. This time I am using this app and trying to be sensible and set realistic goals. Having a buddy helps and having a food plan and exercise plan help too. I applaud you for giving this a go so young and with young kids. The most important thing is to not give yourself any excuses to not exercise or eat right. Believe me I am the master of excuses and they make sense to other people when I complain about not having time or energy. I am hoping my mistakes can help someone else younger so they can live their life in a happier and healthier state. Good Luck and Congratulations on the new baby. Use your friends, Make a plan and get people to support you. Happy New year
  • reneegle
    reneegle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey Lauren! Welcome! I love Myfitnesspal, helps to keep me motivated esp with the help of friends! Feel free to add me!
  • waterlillie1016
    waterlillie1016 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone.

I use to be a member a couple of years ago, but life on life terms too place. I never cancelled my account. I knew that one day I would return. Three days ago, I knew it was time for me return. This time, I wanted to make sure I used the full program and reached out for network of support. Where we all help one another.

I travel about 4 out of 7 days with my job. When I am away from home, it is hard to hold my self accountable without my family. Having others who are looking for a new healthy living style would be wonderful. Please feel to add me. Thanks ... Judy