skin?

Options
Is anyone else afraid think to themselves why lose all this weight if youre going to have saggy skin after it all and still not be able to wear bikinis or such to show off your stomach? I feel like this all the time and I try and find people's stories that can inspire me but I haven't found it. Is it easier for younger people's skin to attempt to go back rather then older people? Help me out guys. I'm working hard and kicking my own butt at the gym for nothing. :/

Replies

• mybutterflower
    mybutterflower Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I do worry about that. Especially when it comes to my arms.....
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I've accepted the fact that I will have some saggy skin. I already have some in my arms, legs and stomach. I would rather have it then be at my start weight. I think my health is SUPER Important and worth the weight loss. Weight training will help with some loose skin- but it all depends on the individual.
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I worry about that as well. Age does affect your skin's ability to retract because the younger you are, the more elasticity it has. Muscle toning would probably help, too. I really worry about it a lot, though, because I have so many stretch marks. How does that affect it, you know? I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
  • bubblez_x3
    Options
    I have just started my weight loss journey and with a little help with Doctor, she told me to use vitamin E and K so I went and bought the oil and I have been using it every night. She said it helps with the elasticity? So we will see if it works!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE YOUNG!!!!! and your skin will probably zip back coz bodies are amazing, moisturise , drinks LOADS of water and exercise..... and if all else fails do remember that this might be about a bikini today but in the future it will be about your health, your ability to run n play with your kids and to be a yummy mummy in clothes ;)
  • TheirEllie82
    TheirEllie82 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I worried about that at one point but then realized that I will just be excited to be comfortable in a bathing suit without a skirt
  • Tara0624
    Tara0624 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You have to do a combination of strength training and cardio that will tone your body as you lose your weight. I only been doing it for 3wks, but I am doing strength training almost everyday. Push-ups are great for your abs and light weight will help tone those flabby arms. I hope this helps. I'm in CA and I have comcast as my cable provider and they have exercise tv w/ a lot of free videos that can help you w/ exercising. Whatever you do, don't give up. Hope this helps.
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    I'm not going to lie....I have some saggy skin. You know what though? I can do so many things I couldn't at 320lbs! I'm not about to let some sagging skin stop me from living my life the way I want to live.....the only thing I don't feel comfortable in is hoochie shorts and bikinis. Everything else I have to pull myself away from the mirror lol

You can always lose the weight and just gain it back if you don't like the skin ;)
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I have baggy skin, I had resigned myself to it, at the age of 47 it's gonna happen! But... I never figured on having baggy skin DOWN THERE! Found that sexy little fact yesterday while "trimming up". Never figured on that one.
  • jerseygirl777
    Options
    It really depends on how much weight you lose, how fast you lose it, and your body. I have saggy skin on my arms that I HATE... but I am still working on toning. And like someone else sorta mentioned, its better to have saggy skin then extra fat! Try not to stress about the skin too much... good luck!
  • melodymartinez
    Options
    Well I don't know if you have any kids, but I had a C Section and I definitely won't be wearing a bikini again. So no, I don't worry about it :) I want to be healthy and look good with my clothes ON. Haha