Men's Health Spartacus DVDs- Any reviews?

Options
I noticed that the posts on this specific DVD set are almost a year old. I'm a chic who loves Men's Health magazine (less skinny tips, more muscle tips). I get the emails probably once a week for the Spartacus Workout.

I've done Chalean Extreme, Brazil Butt Lift, and I'm working through a CHX/TurboFire hybrid.

Today the email said it's half off.

Has anyone completed this program or is it a waste?

I've also noticed there are multiple DVD's but they normally only sell you 2. How do you keep from being bored?

What is the length of these workouts? What is the length of the program (30? 60? 90 days?)

Any tips?

Does anyone have ANY pictures of before and after they did this program (especially women).

There aren't very many reviews out there.

Comments welcome from guys and girls. Thanks!!

ps: I'm not interested in a book or youtube videos, only the DVD set.

Replies

• Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Guess I'll be updating my own status. I've gone ahead and ordered all 5? DVD's at the 50% off offer. Total with shipping was just under $50.
  • timboman365
    timboman365 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just a heads up. Next time, before you commit to buying, you can check out most DVDs on youtube.
  • smash820
    Options
    I have been doing the Spartacus DVDs for a month now (Ab Attack and Total Body Blitz) and have seen the most improvement in my abs. I wish the workouts had more focus on arm definition as that is my trouble spot.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Just a heads up. Next time, before you commit to buying, you can check out most DVDs on youtube.

That's a good idea, but I want to hear from people who have DONE the workout, not simply watch it online.

I appreciate your comment!

I have now done a few of the workouts and really like it. So far they are short and the coach is not annoying. The girls in the video have real bodies, not fitness model bodies and that's so nice to see!

Other things I like are:
    The little window on the left that shows you the movement you are about to do next
    The coach encourages you to do modifiers and demonstrates them so this workout can scale
    The pace of the workouts I've done so far seems good for my level

Things I don't like:
    There isn't a countdown clock, only a status bar of fire at the bottom. I like to know the time in
    The first time around I was surprised by the "bonus exercises" at the end.
    No warm up/cool down/stretches. So I create my own after finishing the workout
  • krisjackson31105
    krisjackson31105 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    What is the schedule for the spartacus workout cause I cannot find one.
  • smash820
    smash820 Posts: 22
    Options
    You have probably moved on and done your own thing by now but I have never seen one either.
    I made up my own..I have the Total Body Blitz and Ab Attack video and switched off every other day and used Sunday as a rest day.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Unfortunately I did not stick with this workout -

I did enjoy it though when I was working through it and recommend it to friends.

I have all of the videos:
    The Spartacus Workout by Men's Health Magazine
    1. Total Body Blitz 30 + 5 Minute Guns and Buns Bonus Round
    1. Triple Set Scorcher 29

2. Ab Attack 33 + 5 Ab-Burning Bonus Round

3. 20 Minute Body Fat Torchers
    Belly Crusher 20
    Gladiator Gauntlet 20
    The Sweat Storm 20

4. Body-Weight Revolution 30 + 3 minute bonus

ETA: Stupid formatting problems.
  • sinati60
    Options
    I have been doing bodypump and running for the past year with little results. Due to knee problems I have had to cut back on running. I still bodypump because I really enjoy it but since I have added the Spartacus workouts there have been some huge changes. In 2 months I have dropped 2 pants sizes and have great definition in my legs. My flexibility has also increased. I always look forward to my workouts.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    I have been doing bodypump and running for the past year with little results. Due to knee problems I have had to cut back on running. I still bodypump because I really enjoy it but since I have added the Spartacus workouts there have been some huge changes. In 2 months I have dropped 2 pants sizes and have great definition in my legs. My flexibility has also increased. I always look forward to my workouts.

That's good to hear! Keep at it.