studying snacks

Options
Students or ex-students who remember well that situation : what do you snack on when you study or what do you do to avoid snacking?

Thanks!

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Raw veggies like carrot sticks, sliced peppers, broccoli, grape and cherry tomatoes, etc make good low calorie snacks, especially when you're mindlessly snacking.
  • brightblueskie
    Options
    I'm a teacher who has done a lot of studying too and I usually make a pot of green tea and sip on it while studying. It's hydrating, lightly caffeinating, and calorie free.
  • glendathurmond
    glendathurmond Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hummus with veggies, hummus on rice cakes or whole grain bread or crackers, almonds and cashews (but not too much), orange slices, apples, Baked chickpeas, kale chips...maybe those suggestions will spark your imagination.
  • _13M
    _13M Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm a med student so my life pretty much revolves around studying, I try to avoid snacking but if I have to, it's usually a big plate of cut-up veggies ( carrot and cucumber sticks, broccoli, lettuce) or some fruit salad, or you can sip hot calorie free drinks like green tea or black coffee :)
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Hummus with veggies, hummus on rice cakes or whole grain bread or crackers, almonds and cashews (but not too much), orange slices, apples, Baked chickpeas, kale chips...maybe those suggestions will spark your imagination.

Hummus is too calorie dense for mindless snacking, IMO. Same with nuts.
  • glendathurmond
    glendathurmond Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    A teaspoon spread on a rice cake seems to fill me up enough to get to the next meal or to bedtime works for me. Mindless snacking and dipping, probably not.